Monday, July 27, 2009

Painting, panties and peas

I was making dinner yesterday, and these were the goings on in my dining room.
Ezra loves frozen peas,
Ryan loves water-color painting {which is a fairly clean activity, a must for me}
and Ryan has been wearing nothing but panties {what with potty-training and sweltering weather}.
Just a typical afternoon at our house {note the pile of toys in the background}.
And as for the potty-training ... it is fAnTaStIc!! Boo-ya! Ryan is a genius.
Let's hope her amazing self keeps right on doing as fabulous as she has been!?!
Can I get a what, whuuut!

Everyone is content, no one's crying, so it is a successful day :)

What a loverly painting. It is now proudly displayed on our fridge.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

That is so fun! Isn't it funny what our days consist of and what makes them successful? Oh the life of a mother. You have to love it.

The Kenyons said...

It is nice to find the little things that keep us happy, isn't it?! Congrats on Ryan going potty! Woohoo! That is so great!

The Kenyons said...

I just checked out your sister's food blog...okay...all I can say is YUM!!! I can't wait to try them! They look SOOO good and sound really easy to make! It makes me much more excited to cook. Thanks!!!

Britney said...

What a happy hoem...we have moments like that :) I love the panty party. I am so glad that ryan is doing so well, our girls are the best!! Yeah for not having to by 30$ worth of diapers anymore. We love you and miss you!

Reed Family said...

Hey! I just read in the good news minute memo that Ryan is POTTY TRAINED! Only one in diapers makes such a huge difference! Hooray for you!

Travis and Heather said...

ahhhh...days in underroo's. what fun. I am with you on the $2 tuesdays at the zoo. All the students would get all excited and go and I stopped pretending to like it in third year and had never been happier:)