Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A little help

Today I had some help.
It started like any other day.
Scott went golfing at 7 a.m.
Was back at 10:30.
And that's when everything changed.
Instead of retiring to the bedroom to take a nap like I thought he would,
he said, "Honey, why don't I take the kids for a few hours."
What?!?
A few hours.
I could hear a chorus of angels singing.
I think they were at the gym, beckoning me.
So he took them ... gladly.
And I went to the gym, on my scooter.
And to the store.
Then to peruse the wares at Goodwill.
Then I showered and ate lunch, alone ... with no one hanging on my legs.
It was bliss.
He came home four, yes, four hours later.
And get this, they were all still happy.
What a helpful hubby.
It was a bonus that he remained happy throughout the day, and didn't even lose his temper when they kids did eventually have a meltdown.
And he set the table.
And Ryan made her bed unprompted (that isn't really related, yet was helpful too).
Score.
So he's not so bad.
I love you Scotty.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

That is so awesome! What a good hubby. I'll have to tell Michael about this :). You have a scooter?!! Let me see.