Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just hangin' around

The kids just got over being sick (aside from a lingering cough) and yet we have been staying close to home because I am leery of a new bug that is going around. So we entertain ourselves in the apartment by playing hide-and-seek (Ryan doesn't understand the "hiding" part and often jumps out in plain sight as soon as I finish counting and screams "Mommy"), pretend cooking (Ryan is an expert chef and makes delicious "cupcakes") and tickling baby Ezra (he laughs at EVERYTHING). Ryan is very creative and often keeps herself occupied by getting into and rearranging the refrigerator (only when I am in the shower and cannot stop her). And she loves to help Mommy and do whatever I am doing. It is very sweet and endearing but also slows any activity I am trying to complete to a snail's pace. Oh well, I am a stay at home mommy, what else am I doing but spending time doing things with the kiddos anyway?

Trying on Mommy's boots. They have a bit of a heel so Ryan finds walking in them a little difficult. She kind of shuffles around holding onto furniture and walls. Not really sure where the fun is in that?

The kids often watch Baby Einstein while I am making dinner. It lasts 25 minutes which is usually just the right amount of time. Ezra like to sit up all the time ... even in his bouncer.

We went to an activity on St. Patrick's Day at the church organized by my friend Jen (thank you) and decorated cupcakes and made candy necklaces. Ryan LOVED it. She decorated several cupcakes and then promptly ate them. She would eat the top layer of the cupcake off, refrost it and eat that layer off and so forth. She ended up refrosting each cupcake 2 or 3 times. Oh well, it's only St. Patrick's Day once a year ... hehehe.

Ezra fell asleep in his high chair after dinner. Apparently it was quite a tiring meal. SO cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so patient with Ryan! It is hard sometimes to put them first, but it will pay off in the end, right? I love your new background!

Rachael said...

I love the sleeping high chair pic! Noah used to fall asleep often during lunch time.