Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Proclaimers

For those of you who do not think they know who The Proclaimers are, you are wrong.
Everyone has heard the, "And I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more ..." song.
Right? It is their most popular.
Anyway, I went to The Proclaimers' concert last week with my parents and friends, the Holdens (as apparent from my picture, above, with "the boys" (front men Charlie and Craig) as my mother so casually refers to them. She thinks that the three of them are BFF.)
Anyway, I had always enjoyed their music before;
I was excited to go to a concert;
My parents are fun, music-loving, enthusiasts;
"this will be good," I thought.
It was GrEaT!
They were really energetic (both my parents and the band).
They were fun to watch.
And they were yell-singers. I love yell-singers.
Anyone that can sing at the top of their lungs (thus they are "yelling") and be in perfect pitch and crystal clear is A-OK in my book.
It was SO much fun.
All their songs were upbeat, their fans were hilarious (a few interpretive dancers always liven things up along with the effing pottymouths and their Scottish swearing:) ) and their banter was, well, difficult to impossible to understand (in my head I knew they were speaking English), I LoVeD it.
Thanks Mum and Dad!
I had a blast.
And I would go again to see them in a jiffy.
{And yes, Mom, I am sure that they remembered you.}

2 comments:

Rachael said...

That's awesome!!!! Sounds super fun!

The Kenyons said...

Glad you had so much fun! So cool that you got pics with the band! :) And even though I have never met your mom...I love her!