Sunday, September 27, 2009

Britney's Monkey Tail Bread

I am really not much of a baker.
My sister definitely holds the title on that one.
She is always creating new delectable treats
and without fail every time I go to her house there are lots of yummy goodies to try.
And I really must try them all.
Several times.
Anyway, Britney is not only a culinary genius, but she is a generous one at that.
She has the best food blog you ever will see and shares all of her recipes with the world.
I have made most of the dishes on the blog as well as lots of other ones she has given me over the years.
I must say though, a new fav among all members of my family is the Monkey Tail Bread.
Scott loves it, the kids love it and what's not to love?
Chocolate chips, peanut butter and banana all in one loaf!
Brilliant.
So for all of you who haven't checked out her blog ... shame on you. J/K
Here it is: (all credit for this scrumptious delight is Britney's and Britney's alone.)
You must all make this, immediately.

Monkey Tail Bread

1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup sugar
3 egg whites
1 cup mashed banana (3 medium)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan.
2. Beat applesauce and sugar in bowl until combined. Beat in egg whites until light and fluffy. Beat in bananas and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in flour, baking soda and powder, salt until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely about 1 hour.

* Tightly wrap in plastic wrap to keep fresh.

Ezzy loves it too. He just polished off a whole piece of Monkey Tail Bread and I am pretty sure ate another one. Hopefully, you don't mind me advertising your blog Brit, but I think everyone should check it out: http://www.eatitupfood.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I do love her blog but I haven't tried this recipe. I will have to for sure.

Britney said...

YOu are so sweet!! THanks for the advertising, I'll take what I can get!! I am so happy that you love everything, makes me feel so good:) I have a great pumkin bread coming up too! I love you and thanks for saying all the nice things..... miss you!

Katie and Randy said...

this looks delicious! thanks for sharing the recipe AND pointing us all to her blog.