Monday, October 5, 2009

Blogging when I have nothing to blog about

What have we been up to?
Oh just hangin' around.
My life really isn't all that interesting.
I spend a lot of time wiping tears, buns, noses and counter tops;
I frequent the park more than any one really should;
I chase screaming children around the library (yes, they scream more at the library than anywhere else, except church);
And I am regularly at risk of indecent exposure in public being that Ezzy is always pulling on my shirt (not that there is much left to expose, those puppies shriveled up along with any sense of propriety I may have retained after giving birth.)
A typical day for me:
5:45 : Hear the alarm, drag my patooty out of bed, and sneak to the bathroom.
5:47 : Wake up Ezra, silently curse, change diaper, snuggle, put him back in bed and dash out the door.
6:00 : Gym, blah.
7:09 : Come home, listen at the door for weeping from kids or Scott, sigh of relief when I find everyone still asleep and the Pitts household still functioning fine without me (not always the case ... not sure why).
7:10 : Sneak in very carefully and yet still wake up Ezra again (doesn't this child ever sleep?)
7:15 : Get on with the day, you know breakfast, shower, picking up my house that was spotless when I went to bed and now has somehow become trashed, play, convince Ryan there is more to life than Caillou, take kids outside, find one moment of peace when the kids are happy, clean, playing, the birds are singing, the sun is shining ... crap Ezra just fell in a puddle and Ryan is touching the dumpster.
Noon: Lunch, put the kids down for a nap, smile, stretch out on the couch, damn I forgot about the laundry, get back up to fold the laundry.
Are you still reading this?
3:30 : Start thinking about dinner, wonder what Scott is doing at school, visualize the bowl of ice cream I am going to enjoy once the kids are in bed, pretend I am a pony, laugh (Ryan is quite the comedian and Ezra is just so smiley, I can't help it).
5:00 : Make dinner, clean up kitchen, serve dinner, clean up dinner, again.
7:00: Baths, read Fancy Nancy, a little TV.
9:00 : The kids are in bed, safe, uninjured, another successful day.
You know,
I really love my boring life.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

You are hilarious! I love it. Life as a mother is so....similar day to day and unexciting but we love it just the same.

Begay Family said...

...and our husbands think we sit at home and do nothing all day long. :0) Being Mommy is definitely a full time job. Your a great Mom Brianne, keep up the hard work. Love ya!

Britney said...

Ok, your blog is so true! I can totally relate! I am SO excited to see you and you babies. It is going to be so fun, I love you!

Britney said...

oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that you look so beautiful in the picture from the concert! So pretty and cute outfit! Love you!

Jessica said...

Oh I welcome myself back!! Somehow I lost your blog address when I made my blog private and that was that. But I was just on the Wood's blog and saw yours in her column...should have thought about that earlier...but now here I am and loving your blog just as before. You crack me up and am very impressed you go to the gym every morning. Oh what a good mommy you are. I'll be sure to keep your blog address from now on. Oh and if you want to see our blog email me your email address at jckay84@yahoo.com. If not, I wont be offended...but I'm still reading yours!