Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Welcome to our tiny home ...

This may be my longest blog yet, so hold onto your hats (or skip over the rambling and look at the pics, that is what I do.)
So I finally am making good on my promise to post a few pics of my fab house.
It took me so long because I had to "style" it first (which basically means I needed to finish up a few projects).
But seeing as this is kinda a passion of mine, although I am certainly no expert, I wanted everything to look just right.
Then as time dragged on I thought, "Shoot, this place will always be a work-in-progress so I'll just take the darn pictures!" (Maybe I didn't think it, I probably said it out loud ... to myself ... and then Ryan asks who I am talking to .... and I tell her, "I am talking to myself" and then she says, "Again?" .... and I say, "Yes," .... and now I have gotten severely off topic).
So here is what the apartment looks like now, although much to Scott's chagrin it will most likely be slightly different tomorrow.
I can't help myself.
I just get new ideas, or get bored with something, or decide that whatever I thought was awesome a few days ago now sucks.
Oh well.
So on with the tour.
First we start with the kitchen.
Not ever really sure why I took a picture of this seeing as it is kinda boring.
But there it is.
It doesn't really have a theme, although none of my rooms really do.
I like the eclectic/retro look.
Scott like the matchy-matchy, stuffy, modern look.
I am trying to find a way to marry the two.
They can compliment each other, I think.
Kinda like Scott and I.
We are together and it works even though we have nothing in common :)
Moving on.

Next is the living room.
This is the one I am most proud of.
I think it's a good look, pulled together, a little funky.
I loooooove the color of our entertainment center, although I am not sure I like the arrangement on top.
And lately I am liking the gilded frame look.
I love my apartment, even though it is the size of a shoebox.

My favorite arrangement (above). Especially with the flowers.

I just finished the runner found on the entertainment center and it is cuu-ute.
The fabric is kinda retro (salmon, brown, turquoise, cream) and yet understated enough that I don't think Scott has even noticed. Score!

This is the view from my "dining room" or dining corner.
The big-ass mirror is new and I love it.
It makes the room feel bigger.
And I love our coffee table.
An old farmhouse dining table chopped down.

Scott is very crafty and MADE me the bookshelf.
I wanted something substantial and something with doors on it so I could stash the kid's toys somewhere ... and viola!
He also picked out the fishing pole-esque lamp.
We get comments on it all the time.
I thought it was a little much but now I like it more.

The kids' room.
This room has an entirely different feel. But it is one of my favorites too. (Of course when you only have, like, four rooms to your whole house they are all sorta your favorites.)
Anyhoo, I wanted all the colors to go well together, yet be gender specific too.
Does that make sense?
Ryan's bed is a bright pink and red and Ezra's future bed is blue and lime green.
His crib is all lime, even the leaf (another of Scott's contributions).
I think all the colors look good because they are the same "brightness."
I think they compliment each other.
Scott made the bunk beds too, with his bare hands.
I have one talented hubby.


Ryan sleeps on the bottom and the top is used for guests (or me if Scott is snoring unbearably loud).

And finally our room.
This one has proved to be the most work recently.
I repainted the dresser on the right from shabby-chic white to smooooth black.
That was a pain because I had to do it on the apartment complex lawn, which is downstairs and across the parking lot.
But whatever, it worked out.
I also salvaged the lamp from a Goodwill for $5 and spray painted the old ladyness right out of it.
Whew. So that is it (aside from the bathroom, but who hasn't seen one of those?)
I hope you enjoyed my little tour.
Feel free to comment, particularly if you have an idea about what I can do about the entertainment center arrangement.
I am just not feeling it.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Awesome! So fun to see someone's house. I love love the color of your entertainment center. So cute. Great job!!!

Britney said...

LOVE IT!! You have to help me on my house.... :) You are so creative and I love how everything looks! Beautiful home, very inviting and cozy! Can't wait to see you soon!!

Seth and Sierra said...

I was actually about to say your entertainment center arrangement was awesome! But, I understand the not feeling it thing...continuous process!!
Looks great!