Thursday, April 2, 2009

I live in a madhouse

I live in a madhouse.
My kids are maniacs.
Today was a typical day in the Pitts household.
I took the kids to toddler storytime at the library.
It is a session catered to children 1 1/2-years-old to 3.
They had singing and musical instruments.
It was cute (a little hectic) but fun.
Ryan was extremely unimpressed.
She had a bored expression on her face the whole time.
She refused to play her instrument.
She stood there, completely unresponsive.
All the kids were screaming and laughing and Ryan asked if we could go home...
she said she needed a nap.
Hmmmm.
Then while I was making dinner this evening, Ryan announced that her baby was hurt.
She needed to give her baby some medicine?
I am not really sure what medicine she was referring to.
I never need to give Ryan medicine.
I told her that maybe her baby needed a ice pack for her owie.
She screamed, "NO" and threw her baby.
Then she cried for 15 minutes about needing some medicine for her baby.
There was no consoling her.
Oh brother.
After dinner, I decided that since Ryan ate her dinner so well she could have a cupcake.
This seemed to be going over well, until I turned around from the dishes to find her rubbing,
yes, rubbing,
her cupcake on her arms.
It was bath time.
I thought for sure I was on the homestretch. After baths was bedtime.
However, as I was bathing the kids, unbeknownst to me
Ezra was working on trouble of his own.
When I went to retrieve him from the tub, I picked him up, moving a strategically placed luffa, and found that he had pooped in the tub.
A lot.
I snatched them both out of the tub and got soaked.
I ripped off my clothes and tried to dry off the kids simultaneously.
Ryan was dancing around pointing, laughing, and singing "poopy tub, poopy tub."
After getting them dressed and entertained with The Little Mermaid,
I found myself scrubbing out the bathtub ... in my underwear (and for those of you who are LDS you can only imagine what a particularly unpleasant site that would be) ... at 9 o'clock at night.
Great.
What a day.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh life! I totally understand. Some days are just like that. The worst is when it's a "phase" and they just keep coming!!!

Seth and Sierra said...

Oh man...I think you have the best stories. ;) *shaking head* I certainly HOPE this isn't a phase thing for your sake!

Jen said...

what a day! One day you will look back on days like that and laugh and laugh....right?

Reed Family said...

hmmm...the best part about that post is that I can imagine your facial expressions and intonations as if I could hear you telling me about your day!...Love it! (not that you had one of "those" days, of course...you know what I mean.)

Britney said...

Oh my gosh, you are so funny. I can just close my eyes and picture all of that happening! I love reading your blogs, you are so good at it. I just describe pictures, you have great stories!! I love you and can't wait to see you!!

Rebecca Wolthuis said...

You crack me up! I wish my life were as exciting as yours. :)
I love keeping up with you and Britney via your blogs. You are such a cute mom.