Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Isn't every family like this?

My family is totally inappropriate.
If you were a fly on our wall, you would spend a lot of time shaking your head with disgust.
I don't know what our problem is.
Today we had to go to the store to purchase new toothbrushes.
This was necessary after I had to stop Ryan from washing Ezra's nether regions with my toothbrush during bath time.
She was trying to help wash him.
Lovely.

I am learning a new song on my violin.
It is called "The Song of the Wind."
Before practicing the song for Scott, I rambled off the title in preparation to amaze him ...
to which he said, "The song of the wind? Is this song about me?"
Gross.
It doesn't sound flatulent.
At least it isn't supposed to.

Ryan, I am sure always has the best of intentions, when trying to help.
As soon as Scott or myself ever gets out of the shower, she runs in, grabs a towel out of the cupboard and hands it to us.
(We did not train her to be our "towel slave." She started doing it on her own.)
Yesterday as Ryan retrieved a towel for me, blew her nose into it and then handed it to me.
The thing is, she doesn't know what she is doing is icky.
What does that say about us?
Maybe we are a little tactless.
Is it bad that we laugh after each incident?

3 comments:

Rachael said...

You are hilarious!! I love it. Oh you guys.

The Kenyons said...

Haha! I love you guys! Life with a two year old and a husband is like that! :)

Travis and Heather said...

You know what I say. Laugh it up. That stuff is what makes life so darn funny. At least you don't have a "sausage fest" once a day in the tub. Today Corbyn ran away saying, "oh no, that sausage is going to get me." Talk about gross man.