Saturday, January 26, 2013

It's about time ... pun absolutely intended

So I am back with a little project post.
As I mentioned last week, I am a big lonely, loner all alone on a mountain top. 
With wild animals my kids. 
So in order to keep my sanity (I use this term loosely), I have been crafting.
Well, really I don't consider myself a crafter.
I think that the word "crafter" brings to mind someone with a large collection of washi tape, colored paper, ribbon, and stamps.
I do not have any of these things.
What I do have are every kind of paint brush, sand paper, stain, and polyurethane, along with a rainbow of paints (both spray and liquid) and a "chick bag" of tools my dad lovingly assembled for me.
Oh and a hand sander that I asked for for Christmas.
So I don't know what that makes me.
A headache for my husband?
Har. Har.
Anyway, he tolerantly expresses feigned interest as I plunge ahead with all my "projects."
And then he even pretends to like them when I am done.
Bonus.
So here is one of three I have been busying myself with this week.
It is a makeover project.
On my big a$$ clock.
And in order for you to truly appreciate the finished product, I must first show you what it looked like before I started.
I love a good before and after.
It is very satisfying.
Before:
Naturally I selected the most flattering picture.
What I love about it is it's size.
And starburst-like shape.
It wasn't really offensive before but I was kinda over the shabby-chic vibe.
And I have decided I don't like red.
So I decided to give it a more neutral look.
Which, in turn, will harmonize more with the direction I am taking my home décor (said as I take myself far too seriously.)
Could I sound any more like a looney?
Basically I wanted something with a little glam and a lot more versatility.
 
After:
 
p.s. Isn't the plush baby blue carpet fab? Not.
Bam.
I love the gold, the wood and the black.
I am a genius.
It only took me a year to finally stop fiddle-farting around and do it already.
I think it will be a lot more timeless.
Get it?
Since it's a clock?
Clearly I need to go to bed.
Anyway, I will be back with pics of my other two little treasures once I am done.
Tell me, what do you think?

-b
xo

8 comments:

Sierra said...

Ooh I like it!!

The clock...

The picture is absolutely flattering.

I would say that's one of my best looks.

Kristina said...

LOVE IT! You did such a great job. I like it WAY more than before (not that I didn't like your clock or anything, i did)
More projects, more, more!

Rachael said...

So cute! You rocked it!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! You are super talented, what are you talking about now being crafty!? It is in your blood!

I also love your blog and your sense of humor! You make me laugh about our stay at home mom things and kids... Thanks for keeping it so light and funny!

I am sorry to hear you are so far from civilization, I would also go crazy! You are doing the right things to not go too crazy and jump off the mountain. Please be careful out there!

Travis and Heather said...

ridiculous.
absolutely perfect.
I want one.

Jennifer said...

Are you kidding me??? That looks completely awesome! I looked at it fr the longest time trying to figure out how in the heck you did the gold part! Seriously stumped. Miss you and your hilariousness!!!

Jennifer said...

Are you kidding me??? That looks completely awesome! I looked at it fr the longest time trying to figure out how in the heck you did the gold part! Seriously stumped. Miss you and your hilariousness!!!

Jennifer said...

sorry...don't know why it published my comment twice...???...just wanted to make sure you REALLY knew that I LOVE your mirror. And, since I'm already leaving you ANOTHER comment, I cannot WAIT to see what your other projects are!