Sunday, January 13, 2013

Kinda like a blog chain letter

Two posts in two weeks?! I am on fire.
For reals.
Except ... this is kind of a cheater post because I was inspired by my friend Michelle who sent me a shout out from her corner of the interweb.
She nominated me for a Leibster Award, which is basically a fun way for one blogger to tell another that you enjoy their blog and to keep it comin' ...  
 
There are rules. Important ones.
1. Post 11 random things about myself. (Easy peasy, because I am nothing if not random.)
2. Answer the 11 questions my nominator asked me. (I love to tell everyone everything they wouldn't want to know about me.)
3. Create 11 questions for my own nominations. (Insert evil cackle here)
4. Nominate 11 different bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. (I definitely fall into this category ... high-five to my four loyal readers!)
5. Tell 'em and force them to answer. (I may have taken a few liberties while explaining the rules)

Okay here goes. Eleven random tid-bits. Where to begin ...

1. I love to fill out surveys, questionares, and paper work in general, so really this little exercise is right up my ally.
2. The first thing I notice about a person is their eyebrows. Weird, no? And now when we run into each other, you know which feature I will be studying.
3. I bite my nails. This is gross. I can't help it, and no matter how many self-directed pep talks I give to myself/listen to from myself about what a disgusting and un-ladylike habit it is, I still gnaw them off while watching any suspenseful/scary/stressful movie. Or pretty much as soon as there is any "white" showing.
 4. I literally eat popcorn every day. As in, I will rearrange my afternoon schedule so that nothing conflicts with my daily snack addiction. It takes a good 30 minutes to enjoy. Because I use an air popper and season it myself. It's a process.
5. I am an over-sharer. Meaning that if you ask me a simple question that only requires a one word answer you will most likely get my entire life story.
6. I hide behind my glasses. I know everyone may think they are a fashion choice, and they are, but I also feel like my eyes are thisclose together.
7. I have to exercise in the morning. Every morning. If it doesn't happen before lunchtime, it won't happen.
8. I exercise everyday so I can have ice cream every night. In my defense, I only have about half a cup, but boy do I look forward to that all. day. long. Without ice cream, I have nothing.
9. I am also obsessed with keeping my children's hair and nails short and neat. This is why my boys look like jar heads.
10. Judging from this list, I am apparently a little OCD. My husband is probably rolling his eyes, and thinking "Yes. I tell you this daily." Whatever, at least I get sh** done.
11. My favorite movie of all time, (excluding the entire Twilight phenomenon) is a toss up between The Sound of Music and Under the Tuscan Sun. Because they are obviously very much alike.

Moving on ... to 11 random questions I know you are dying for the answers to.
P. S. If you would rather not read on, or need a nap to recharge I understand.
And I'm sorry.

1. How did you meet your husband? He was the friend of a strange boy I was dating. Scandalous.
2. What is the first thing you do in the morning? I make all the beds in my house. I bet my friends are reassessing their feelings about me.
3. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Run. Like the wind.
4. What do you do to relax? I read or look at design blogs. Or obsessively stalk craigslist.
5. How long does it take you to get ready each day? With a shower? About 35 minutes.
6. What is your favorite thing about your house? Well, I don't have one. Not yet. I actually put myself to bed at night by imagining what I would like for my future home to look like. That or I imagine how I would redecorate the homes of my friends and family. Issues. Clearly.
7. What kind of toothpaste do you use? Whitening toothpaste all the way.
8. If you could live anywhere, where would you live? I would live in Edinburgh, Scotland, no contest. But as a second choice I will stick with the Pacific Northwest.
9. Do you recycle? Yes. I am what my husband calls a tree-hugger. WTH?
10. What are your favorite pair of shoes? Probably my brown studded flats I found at Thrift City for 3 bucks.
11. Have you ever broken a bone? No, but I did run into the corner of the couch this morning and now my pinky toe is swollen and very tender. It is also starting to turn purple. Does that count?

Now here are the 11 formulated questions I have, well, formulated:

1. If you could have any profession (other than what you do right now) what would it be?
2. If you had to live on one food alone for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
3. What is your favorite book?
4. And what about your favorite movie?
5. Pets or no pets? Dog or cat?
6. Where is the one place you would love to visit/vacation?
7. What do you do at night to wind down?
8. Favorite kind of accessory?
9. What do you do for "me" time?
10. If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would buy?
11. Do you think it is okay to pair brown with black? What about navy and black?

So Tracy, Sierra, Britney, Rachael, Heather, Amy and Kristina, I nominate you.
I love all your blogs and read them every time they are updated. So, dish. (If you are bored. If you have a life, unlike me, feel free to ignore this little request.) And Michelle, if I could tag you back, I would because I love you. Thanks for thinking of me!

Laters gators. (I am trying this as a sign off. Thoughts?)
xo

7 comments:

-tracy said...

I loved reading your blog of randomness.
It made me a little sad because I think I knew every answer to every question except that you use whitening toothpaste. And that makes me sad because I miss you.
A lot.
And I will get right on this. :)
xo
PS: I think Later Gator is appropriate...always.

amydear said...

I liked the randomness! I love surveys too. And, cough, since I'm sure you know loads of Amy's (Amys?), I am going to assume that doesn't mean me unless you tell me otherwise.

Unknown said...

You are too funny. You have to win some kind of award. I am soooo glad that I now know why you cut your nails so short. And, I thought I was the only nail biter. I am trying to see if I can bribe myself into not biting them but I keep forgetting and find myself nibbling. Hmmm. We can't wait to see you guys. Heather

P.S. Great party today for Adelaide. Very fun for all! Wish you were there!

The Kenyons said...

Yay! This is was so fun to read! You rock...seriously. I miss you!!!

Kristina said...

Oh, I love random facts about people. I think you should do this regularly! I didn't know you bite your nails? and if you ever fall asleep thinking about how to redecorate my house, call me, please!

Sierra said...

Haha! I love you.
Please redecorate my house any time.
Also, please come live in miserable Wyoming with me...please?? Okay fine. But this means you're getting visits. Yearly. If not monthly. Okay, maybe not that often, but I wish.

Travis and Heather said...

I just sat there starring at Micah. What in the world. He is practically a grown man. Apparently my blog vacation was longer than I thought.
Ps. nail biters are cool. Get braces, it will break the habit, you'll have gorgeous nails for about a year, then you'll forget and it's all history.
pps. I'm going to look at my eyebrows a little closer now.
ppps. Eugene. When?