Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I am all caught up

So Scott got me a new computer for Christmas ... holla!
The old one was just that ... so very damn old; like at least eight, and I am pretty sure computer years appreciate much faster than say dog years, so ... there you go.
Oh that and said old craputer dropped on the ground as we were moving and broke into smithereens.
Luckily I had backed up all the important stuff like pics and P90X. Whew.
So now I can do all the things I could never do before:
watch videos, check my email, blog, have it start the first time I turn it on.
You know, all the fancy stuff.
And because I have a camera and a computer I can write on my baby bloggy.
And I am going to start with a 2012 recap aka a random photo dump. 
That way I can start fresh in 2013 and blog every week regularly.
So sit back and get ready because this is going to be one long mother.

In July, we celebrated the Fourth with friends in Tacoma.
I can barely remember it.
But I have pictures to prove it happened.
That you can enjoy if you crane your neck just a bit.
I mentioned that we got a new computer, not that I had developed a knack for technology.
Clearly.
In fact, many of these pictures are sideways, and no I cannot figure out how to correct that.
You're welcome.


Here is the babe festively waving the stars and stripes.
And no we did not burn that flag after he dragged it around on the ground all afternoon.
I am not sure I really understand that rule.


And an awesome picture of my beautiful friends.
In which someone kindly pointed out it looks as if I have the wrong anatomy coming out of the bottom of my shirt.
What an uplifting sentiment on the day of our nation's founding.
Anyway, moving on.
We also enjoyed the luxury of a yard while we over-stayed at my in-laws this summer.
Scott got the kids a pool and they got themselves some friends and they spent all day every day outside.
The Pitts' home is at the end of a cul-de-sac in a gated community, so it was heaven being able to send them out without having to worry ... or accompany them.
Lazy.

We also had a few visits from their cousin Raiza.
Whom Micah loves.

Then at the end of July we celebrated Micah's first birthday (which I actually did blog about) with a little cake.
He was the first of my babies to really make a proper mess with his piece, which as we all know is the entire point of handing a small child a birthday treat.


And while we were waiting a hilarious amount of time for Scott's medical license to arrived, Ezra and Scott busied themselves by played video games in order to, and I quote, "save money on other forms of entertainment."


And here is the picture of Scott and his lover fish.
It was a proud day.


In September, we sent Ryan off to kindergarten and Scott off to Tumwater to work.
She was so brave.
I love how much she loves school.
It reminds me of my nerdy self at her age.
And when I say nerd I really mean girl-who-asks-for-extra-homework-because-she-finished-hers-and-wants-more.
I am sure she will be much cooler.


A stellar shot of Scott and I carving pumpkins.
Alone.
Because the kids though that they were too "slimy."
You try to create memories ...


And I took the kids real trick-or-treating for the first time.
It was so fun.
And kind of awkward.
I originally planned to go with my friend Sheila but ended up going door-to-door with her husband's friend Greg and his daughter, all while carrying her two year old son?
Anyway, the kids both wanted to be pirates, so I pieced together a few outfits using the Disney show Jake and the Neverland Pirates as inspiration.
I think Ezra just wanted a sword.


Our Thanksgiving was delish and very low-key.
And then we geared up for Christmas.
I attempted to take one of the children for our first ever Christmas card.

Nailed it.

Then we sped down to Eugene for a quick visit/future-business meeting.
I went with Britney and Carrie to see Breaking Dawn: Part 2.
We have seen all of them together.
It was all I imagined it would be and more.
I even wore my Team Edward shirt (again) because I am 30 and nursing a teenage fantasy about RPatz.
Now that the saga is complete, I have yet to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.
I will keep you posted.


And a cute picture of Ezzy because he is cute and I didn't really feel like there were enough of him.



Okay and one more of Micah and his teethy grin.


And I never was able to post about Ryan's birthday, which was also low-key since we don't really know that many people in Kent.
So Ryan and I got Slurpee's and went to see Brave in the theater.
Then we had a little family party that evening.
Photo bomber.

Christmas was hectic but so much fun because the kids are really into Santa this year.
Several of Scott's siblings were in town, so it was a full house.
I put Scotty in charge of capturing Christmas morning and ended up with a blurry picture of my morning faux hawk.
Sweet.

So here we are at the beginning of a new year.
We have officially moved to Olympia for the time being.
Which means more of Mr. Potato's amenities are missing, as well as half a dozen binkies.
Scott is working hard, fulfilling a year-long contract with Walmart, after which we will be moving permanently to Eugene in the fall if all goes well to join a private practice.
This year is going to be fun, and I plan to jot more of it down.
So stay tuned ...

p.s. And if anyone has any suggestions for a gnarly sign-off I am in need. Thanks. 

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Thanks for making my day. I love your posts! There is too much to comment on. It just made miss you. oh, and Micah is getting too big!

Jen said...

awesome update. glad to hear things are going well. And I totally relate to your comment "you try to create memories.." sometimes i wonder why i even try.

Rachael said...

I am so happy for you! Soon you will be so settled you won't know what to do with yourself. I enjoy the twilight series but the way you feel about it is the way I feel about the office. I don't know how I'll go on once it's over.

Anonymous said...

The pictures of chubby Michah kissing the other chubby baby kills me! all those rolls and baby kisses should not be allowed in the same picture!

I am happy to hear that you will be staying put in Eugene after this year! That is exciting! I am sure everywhere you have lived is so beautiful. I haven't seen it since I was a kid!