Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Eleanor

I am back.
Nobody panic.
I wasn't here last week, but now I am.
Come down off the ledge.
Because I know that is how you must feel during my absence.
I am still determined to post at least once a week, and I actually have another mediocre exciting post planned for the weekend, so technically I will be right on shhhedule.
But my silence was for, I promise, the most incredible cause.
I went to Eugene.
'Cause my sister had a baby!
A tiny, beautiful six-pound peanut. With the skinniest little curled-up frog legs you ever did see.
Baby Eleanor Jane was born just over a week ago with the fluffiest black hair and the daintiest little lips/snot-shoot.
She is perfect.
And my sister is pretty darn incredible too. 
She is now the proud momma to four, FOUR, girls!
Thinking about even thinking about having that many kids causes me shortness of breath and severe sweating.
Hysterical. That is how I would probably feel.
Heck, I feel that way now with only three.
Like I am being ripped apart by a pack of wildebeests.
But I digress.
This isn't about me and my delirium.
It is about how amazing Britney is, and her sweet baby with sweet baby skin.
Couldn't you just breath baby skin in all day?
Just me?
Look at her. Is she not the most precious thing? And picking her up is like lifting a feather.
Anyway, naturally she looks nothing like any of the other three.
Because they all look nothing like each other.
You would think after four you would get a repeat but they are all different and beautifully unique.
So I did my best to keep up with the house work and not get in the way too much.
And sneak in a few baby skin whiffs.
And while I was sniffing the baby like a fruitloop helping, my amazing in-laws took care of the two oldest kids all week.
They had a blast.
And McDonalds. Apparently every day.
But that is what you do at your grandparents.
And now everyone is home again.
And forced to eat my sob-inducing meatloaf with broccoli.
 
Britney, you are my best friend and I love you so much I pretty much can't stand it.
I am so proud of you.
You are the best mom and such a good example to me.
Congratulations Basting family!
 
-B
xo

4 comments:

Kristina said...

I agree, baby skin is the best smell. They should bottle and sell it. And you could put it on your baby when the smell goes away.... like the pine spray for Christmas trees.
Congrats to your sister.

Rachael said...

What a sweet little babe! You are hilarious and I love you!

amydear said...

It was fun to see you! I know Britney appreciated your help soooo much. Glad you two got to spend the week together. And little Eleanor is adorable!

Sierra said...

She is beautiful! And, yes, baby is the best smell ever. I am breathing it in every day even when it smells like spit up. Still glorious. Congrats Brittany!