Monday, February 28, 2011

Snow, who cares?

So it snowed here.
Which is and isn't that big of a deal.
Scott and I do not think it is a big deal. (Why am I even blogging about this? Oh yeah, because there are very few things that really are a big deal going on around here, so I must exploit the little things.)
Especially the amount we get here.
But a light dusting that is melted by lunch is top-story-broadcast-worthy news covered on every local station.
Apparently to those living in the Land of Ports, it is a big deal.
We were promised a HUGE storm, and woke up to a few inches that was ne'er to be seen again come nightfall.
But it was enough to shut down the entire school district for the day and give my kiddos a good hour of entertainment.

Ryan wanted to try making a snow angel.
I am not even sure where she got the idea.
I am pretty sure I have never talked about snow angels, but nevertheless she plopped herself right down and knew just what to do.

As you can see, the snow is already disappearing.
And yes that is a large, pointy snowball in Ryan's hand which subsequently got lodged in my jacket collar.

And Ezra is hesitantly enjoying the snow.
I managed to force on a smallish pair of gloves to cover his hands this time, avoiding the painful screaming that resulted the last time he tried to make a "snowman ball" with bare, frozen, red little fingers.
He is quite stubborn.
This time he consented to the mittens, but refused his boots and snow pants.
Silly, wet child.
Oh well, we all had fun.
And then went inside, took off our wet clothes and ran around in our underwear the rest of the day.

1 comment:

-tracy said...

you're a good mom. i refused to take my kids out and instead bribed them with humongous donuts.