Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Pittock Mansion

We went here today.
The Pittock Mansion is an amazing house overlooking the city.
It is massive (which I suppose is why they call it a mansion).
It was built in 1915, and was quite innovative for the time.
It was really fascinating.
The kids, however, did not share my sentiment.
So we enjoyed part of the tour until Ezra discovered the marble staircase and then we tried to quickly peak into the remainder of the rooms while manning the death steps in order to keep him from dying.
And Ryan told me 4 minutes after we got there that this outing was taking "forever," and she was ready to go.
Overall it was a great activity.
We went with some friends and Rosette and then had a picnic afterward.
Ahhhh.
A good day in Oregon.
See how much fun we are having?

3 comments:

Rachael said...

You guys look so cute!!!

Jennifer said...

Me and Brandon really wanna check this place out! And, I need to apoligize for not showin' up for bowling!!! I totally spaced it. I'm sure you guys had a BlAsT!!!

Britney said...

Cute picture! I love Ezzy's smile. I can't wait for you guys to come down. What a fun day with your family, I love days where you are able to go out and spend time together! Cute family!! oh, and your glasses are cool :)