Sunday, March 21, 2010

Any ideas?

This is the scene at our dinner table every night.
Actually this is the scene and HOUR AND A HALF after dinner is over.
Every night.
I think on this particular night I served shrimp pasta Alfredo and broccoli.
I know! How dare I feed my child something so revolting!
In fact, the night before I dared to make cheese/egg sandwiches with smoothies,
and yet her buns were still sitting in her chair 45 minutes later.
Argh.
I don't know what to do.
So stubborn.
Any ideas? Holla!

Ezra finished his dinner and is now gloating. Just kidding. He is just a little ham :)

5 comments:

Rachael said...

What a bum!! I would try not to stress about it. The bigger deal you make of it, she will too. Good luck :)

Britney said...

Maybe we go about it all wrong, but if Annie is doing that same thing we will tell her that if she eats all her dinner she can have graham crackers and milk or popcorn....something that we know she loves and the food magically disapears. I know that I proably shouldn't bribe my kids, but I bribe becuase I care and it is not total junk food so I justify that a little. GOOD LUCK!!

Jessica said...

Luckily I've never had to deal with this so I'm not sure what to tell you other than what I try to do. But I don't let my kids eat much of anything 2 hours before dinner. We have snack time and then kitchen is "closed" so they're nice and hungry for dinner. Maybe I'm mean, but if they've just eaten a snack they never are hungry enough for dinner.

Kristina said...

Just be thankful she's sitting still for that long! I wouldn't care if my kids ate a single bite of food... they're the ones who'll be hungry, right? I just don't let them eat anything else, if they want to eat, they can eat what I served. I'm a bit cruel. Anyways, I think it's amazing she just sits there and I would relish in that and not worry about anything else.... my opinion since you asked :-)

Jennifer said...

Eeesh. We have a similar battle with Jemma...unless I deprive her of snacks for like 3 hours before hand...ya, that doesn't happen very often. But heck, if she doesn't eat her dinner, she just doesn't get anything else to eat...her dinner is just waiting in the fridge whenever she's ready to eat it. :) And ya, we replaced our table...Hoo-Raw!!!