Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Eve

We started our Easter festivities today.
We opted for the usual ... egg dying and egg hunt shebang.
I am not too creative when it comes to holiday activities.
I have every intention of preparing a bunch of fun crafts and food,
I look at blog after blog of go-getter moms that decorate and celebrate for weeks before,
but ultimately we just do the traditional thang.
But the kids loved it and so did we.
We started with the egg dying:

As you can see here, our colored dyes ready to go. Scott mixed these concoctions, so I am not really sure what the color in the middle is? Gross.

This is what Ezra was doing during the egg decorating. Oh well.

Ryan had a blast. She dyed and decorated most of the eggs with Lightening McQueen stickers.

A family pic missing my little Fezzy wig.

Yeesh. Scott and his alien egg.

Then we headed outside in the blistering cold and whipping winds to hunt for eggs.
We combined forces with our good friends the Nelsons, Baileys and Garliks.
This was definitely good news for the kids because is resulted in a 170+ egg hunt for 6 1/2 kids.
I overheard one dad excitedly tell his 2-year-old that the Easter bunny came and pooped all the eggs out on the lawn for them to find!
I didn't realize this is how the Easter bunny operated.
Anyway, it was definitely a hit.
Ryan found a lot of eggs (it helped that the Easter bunny pooped most of them in plain sight) and Ezra actually got into it as well.
They both came home with a pretty good haul.

Here she is preparing for the hunt. It was seriously cold and actually started to rain.


Ezra tripped over these roots several times but wouldn't give up until he had every egg by this tree.

At the end of the 4 minute hunt. I thought what with the enormous amount of eggs it would have lasted longer, but apparently I underestimated the speed at which little children can spot and retrieve candy. (From left: Jenna, Reagan, Hannah, Ryan, and Cade.)

Tomorrow we will focus on the spiritual (and more important) aspect of Easter: the Savior and His sacrifice for us all. Happy Easter all!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I never knew that secret, that the bunny acually 'pooped' the eggs. I will have to tell my kids that. They keep asking me questions and I'm stumped... now I know the answer. Looks like you guys had fun!