Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wedding wrap-up

This last weekend was a little hectic.
My Dad was remarried and we all traveled down to Eugene to join in the festivities.
We arrived on Thursday and stayed through Sunday, only to come home to a Fourth of July celebration.
And wouldn't you know, but I only took three pictures the whole dang weekend.
And they had very little to do with what actually took place.
Yes, I am on top if it like that.
I like to rely on others to document my family's happenings, and then forget to ask them for the pictures later, resulting in some fraudulent behavior that usually involves stealing pictures off my sister's blog.
So you will get a quick wedding rundown followed by a few obscure photos.
Friday was the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner.
The kids were all participants in the actual ceremony.
They had matching garb and everything.
Maybe I will dress them back up in their clothes and make them reenact their parts, so I can get a fake picture.
Ezra was the ring bearer and Ryan was one of four flower girls.
Aside from Ezzy flagrantly swinging the ring-laden pillow as he danced down the aisle, I think they played their parts well.
The ceremony was very nice, tasteful, simple.
Just right.
And the reception was held at an art gallery and was very pretty.
The best part was seeing all our friends and my siblings with their families.
I wish we could get everyone together more often.
And of course no vacation would be complete without the utter disregard of our children's sleeping schedules.
Let me just say, that by the time we pulled away on Sunday afternoon, my kids were really fun to be around and absolutely did not sit in the tub later that night sobbing for no apparent reason while I sudsed them up.
But it was a very nice affair and it was doubly nice to have Scott there the whole time!
And as for the Fourth of July, we basically relaxed, slept in, and then went with a whole gaggle of friends to a fireworks display later that evening.
Just imagine a huge baseball field filled with families starring into the night's sky.
'Cause I don't have a picture of that either.
Now on to the best part:
My kids riding a merry-go-round.
They had this gigantic carousel at the pizza place where the rehearsal dinner was held.
Doesn't my Dad look tan?

We also snuck in a little movie/swim time on Saturday after the reception.
The kids were waiting for us to fill up the pool.
I think they were watching Frosty the Snowman?
And Scott was babysitting.

And one shot of them in the pool.
They were complaining of the water being to cold and grass getting stuck to their feet.
Babies.
Just kidding.
All in all, any weekend I can spend with family is a good weekend.
Thanks to all the special family who came up.
You know who you are.
p.s. Did you see that my sidebar indicates I only have 28 days left?
I am so excited, because if this baby was sitting any lower, his arm would be dangling out.
Sorry for that.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Oh my gosh, Congratulations to Brian! I want to send him a card! That's great, he seems so happy, and yes, he does look tan. Looks like he squeezed in some time for a little "fake-n-bake" before his big day! (Did you get my last comment?) Anyway, YEAH! Congrats to him!
I love the "utter disregard of bedtimes". TOtally true. If not, I just end up yelling at Madeline, and who needs that? No one! We are coming up to OR for Christmas for sure. We'll hope to see you then!

The Kenyons said...

I am glad that it all went well and you had a good time! I can't wait to hear more about it! We REALLY need to get together...I leave in less than a week! Yikes! And I am excited for you that you have only 28 days left! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wedding update! That is so great, I am sure he is so happy!

Getting together with family is crazy and makes you feel crazy for doing it sometimes, but it is always worth it! And soon you will have 3 to worry about sleeping schedules :) Oh, me too. Yay!

Lana said...

So much fun to read.