Saturday, July 16, 2011

The final countdown ...

So this week has been a busy one.
We had major guests.
One of my best friends from college flew in from D.C. and she (Alisa), Britney, and I were able to meet up for dinner.
And by meet, I really mean that her, her sweet hubs, and baby drove all the way to my shoebox apartment to eat my lumpy, overcooked pasta ponza.
They even pretended to like it.
Such good friends.
At least, Britney made some delish bread sticks and I managed to cut up a watermelon satisfactorily, so it wasn't a total wash.

Me (yes, perhaps my hair makes me look as if I am an extra in The Wedding Singer), Britney (who looks amazing after having a baby 5 seconds ago), and Alisa (always gorgeous no matter her hair style, bah).

After they took off, Britney stuck around with her kids for another 3 days.
I love when she comes to visit, and never really feel like we have enough time to play.
Despite the fact that we had 5 kids to manage all 4 or under, we were still very productive.
And by we, I really mean Britney.
She helped me sort baby clothes, did my laundry, painted my toenails, and stayed up until 2 a.m. every night talking, all why I grumped around complaining about my sore back.
I think I am starved for attention.
And sympathy.
But we also fit in a picnic at the park and a trip to the bins.
What are they bins, you ask?
The "bins," as we fondly refer to it, is the Goodwill Distribution Center.
It's only the most undignified, frenzied, glorified dumpster diving adventure you could ever hope to experience.
And we had tremendous luck.
We spent a combined total of 12 smackers and walked away with at least 25 items of ca-ute clothing.
Looky at this amazing jacket.
Practically new.
Swear.
Not to mention a cute pair of Calvin Klein slacks, a maternity shirt, and a dress for Ryan.
Anyway, having her here was so fun and gave me a needed boost into last-minute nesting mode.
I am being induced on the 29th (fingers crossed).
Which means that this could potentially be my last belly shot.
I am almost 38 weeks, and I believe my facial expression says it all.
Here's hoping I will be sharing a baby with you soon.
Then I can fit into the aforementioned jacket!

5 comments:

Alisa said...

You are super cute and I loved seeing you and Britney even if it was a super short time. Thank you so much for having us over. I wish we could get together more often. You all definitely need to come out here and visit. I promise we will have a super fun time. Can't wait to see pics of the new baby.
Love ya!

Sierra said...

You are right, I love that jacket! In fact, I have it in green haha. You look great, by the way.
Loves!

Rachael said...

You are so cute! I'm so excited to see your new babe!!

Solomon and Lyndsie said...

Okay...For starters,we missed not seeing you this week, but at least you were having fun with family. Secondly, you got that stinkin' cute jacket from the "bins"! Way to go!! Lastly, I'm excited for your cute little one to arrive!

Britney said...

I had a blast!!! Why didn't I stay longer to help more....oh yeah, my kids were going crazy!! Just kidding, I had so much fun, I can't wait to see this sweet baby and hold him.....and finially do some crafts. p.s. i love the bins :)