Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer has come at last

The story of my life.
I am surrounded by maniacs.
Luckily these maniacs are related to me or I might be tempted to lock myself in my room, while huddling in a corner, only to pretend I am alone.
That may or may not be how I spend my evenings.
What am I saying?
Anyway, this week we spent a lot of time outdoors.
We went strawberry picking at Duyk's Peachy Pig Farm.
I have no idea why on earth it is called that.
And collected 12 pounds of freezer jam-bound berries.
We also visited several parks and even hit up McMenamins for happy hour.
And no I wasn't there for the cocktails.
Remember I am pregnant.
Oh, and the church frowns on becoming inebriated.
But the company was good.
As you can see.
And the plus side to all that vitamin D?
My kids were zonked by the days end.
They slept great, I slept better, and everyone was much happier.

Yes, that is Ezra in my bed and Ryan (and her Heffalump) in Ezra's bed.
That arrangement seems to produce the best results.
And that way Scott's side is all warmed up for him when he returns on the weekends.

And as for Ezzy's head, it is healing quite nicely.
The scar is already starting to disappear.

Which is good because now I can use my spare time to tend to a humongous cement burn Ryan procured while riding her bike.
Yeesh.
But other than that, all is well.
Scott will be coming home for almost a whole week, which we will spend celebrating my father and Heather's wedding.
It may be a little crazeeee but we are looking forward to it.
I can only imagine how incredible I am going to look 8 months pregnant in the July heat posing for their pictures.
Grody.
Have a great week!

5 comments:

-tracy said...

I love the pictures Ryan took...and those must have been the best ones. Awesome.
I'm so glad we live so close so we can annoy each other all the time. Mostly me annoying you, of course.
Keep posting...it is my entertainment. Sad huh?

Mitch n' Molly said...

So glad to see Ezra's scar is healing nicely...ahhh memories! Sure miss you like to death! Love your wit and humor, your blog always makes me smile!

amydear said...

See you soon! I'm sure you'll look beautiful.

Adam Heder said...

You are so cute. I love your blog and your cute little family. I was driving in our camry the other day (I usually drive our other car) and I remembered something. I opened the arm rest, at a stop light, and pulled out the program for your mom's funeral. I can do hard things. I just can't throw that away. It inspires me so much! What the heck is your dad up to? I heard on Britney's blog that he is engaged??? You know I'm sure I have your email, but I always seem to write you these ridiculously long posts instead. Well, here's my email dianalheder@gmail.com. Would love to hear from you, good luck with the pregnancy!!! XOXO

Adam Heder said...

Yes, that was me, Diana.lo l.