Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring BREAK

Break being the key word.
And boy did I need a break.
Because don't we all need a break every once in a while?
Yes. The answer is yes.
And this week was mine. Three and, a very important, half days of aloneness.
No kids, no hubby, no nothin'.
This may not sound like much but I tell ya, I am a whole new woman.
(I have been kind of a wreck lately.)
In fact, I haven't had a single night all to my lonesome since I birthed Ryan.
Four and a half years later, I am enjoying quiet.
And I have tried to take full advantage of the down time, because with numero 3 on the way it won't be happening again for what I fear may be a long time.
Don't get me wrong.
I love my family, but I also love that they are visiting grandparents in Seattle without me.
And I have been able to tackle some very important tasks while passing the time:
lots-o-sleeping,
nice long walks at what ever time I want,
polished my toes and fingernails,
visiting the Goodwill,
watching a super trashy, girliest movie,
mad dash to Ikea for some essentials,
enjoying treats without having to share,
and lots-o-sleeping.
Thanks Scotty.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

That sounds amazing! What a treat!!! I'm a little jealous.. Having three kids is so much fun but also very busy and tiring!

Lana said...

I'm happy you truly got a break!

amydear said...

Nice. I've always said a great vacation would be alone in my own house. You're living the dream!

Kristina said...

That is truly the best gift in the world! I can't think of a single thing I would rather have. Sound like you are having a glorious time... enjoy, it's well deserved!

Reed Family said...

What a wonderful way to spend Spring Break! (I'm a bit jealous...) You totally deserved it! And, I'm sure Scott enjoyed having lots of time with the kids after the gruel of boards round #1.