Thursday, October 14, 2010

Family Mugs

So I thought I would play a little game I saw on a few other awesome blogs;
And since this blog is definitely awesome, I figured I would join in.
It goes a little something like this:

I always ... I always am in a perpetual state of growing out my hair, have popcorn for lunch, find something worth buying at the Goodwill (whether or not I am permitted to bring it home), read People Magazine during my popcorn lunch (so I like trash magazines, everyone has a vice), cut my children's hair and nails (like all the time ... like borderline obsessive), look forward to my hubby to COME HOME from school, exercise five days a week, read Farmer Boy every fall (see Little House on the Prairie series).

I sometimes ... I sometimes feel like a productive, patient, energetic mother (mostly I feel like I am hanging on by my fingernails), watch historical documentaries with Scotty (mostly so I can spend time with him, and only a little 'cause I kinda like 'em), understand what Ezra is saying, bite my nails, think I might want one more baby ... someday, get asked by strangers if I am half Asian (really).

I never ... forget to make my bed (remember the obsessive personality I alluded to earlier?), look forward to summer with any kind of zeal (I am sure I have made my hatred for hot weather very clear), get any less than 20 kisses apiece from my babies each day (I am one lucky momma), get tired of scouring design blogs, get embarrassed (I have been seen naked by strangers on more than one occasion, accidentally, plus I am clumsy and trip a lot), spend more than a few hours away from my kids (literally ... I have never even spent a night away from them), forget how blessed I am.

Now on to the mugs:
My handsome baby Ezzy. What a ham. He is getting so big, I can't stand it. Really, Ezra, slow down.

Look at those cheeks, and that curly hair. I may be a little biased but I really do think that Ryan may be the cutest girl ... ever. And this is my blog so there.

My handsome, and dirty husband. That is his new obsession right behind him. I am trying to play the supportive wife, but I ain't gonna lie, the grease that ends up in our house as a result of this new hobby has been giving me anxiety. However, he is really happy and very handy (doing all the automotive work himself) so I try to keep my hyperventilating to a minimum.

And this is me. And yes I chopped my hair. It isn't the first time I have had a pixie, but every time is very freeing. I like it a lot. I believe that a short 'do can be both feminine and young. Right?

Have a great weekend! Up next: Halloween costumes. They are amazing. I am on top of it this year and the kids are all set.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Love your pixie and what a cute family you have!

Kristina said...

Love the hair! I agree, Ryan is a cutie. And I can't wait to see their Halloween costumes!

amydear said...

Okay, seriously, Farmer Boy is my favorite book in the series. I knew I liked you. Cute post, cute mugs.

Mitch n' Molly said...

Um...your hair rocks! Well done! I think Ryan's hair looks really cute too! You have one adorable family! Oh! I love your lacey shirt and vest! You can pair clothing like no one's buisness!