Saturday, September 4, 2010

Things that make me happy

This week has been a good one.
Lots of things went my way.
So therefore, I will proceed to list off things that make me happy,
mostly because I want to show off.
So firstly, roses. Roses make me happy. Not only do fresh flowers add a little somethin' to my table, but they are even better when gifted from my husband FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER! Score.

Secondly, a clean house. This makes me really happy, particularly if it gets done early enough in the day to enjoy it before it gets deflowered by my family. Look at my zombie children watching Reading Rainbow. On cleaning day, they definitely get their fair share of PBS.

Thirdly, this lovely really-nice-indoor-outdoor-fabric-bought-for-super-duper-cheap-on-clearance. I salivate over the beautiful cobalt blue color and fun trellis pattern. And to top it off, I repurposed this once picnic tablecloth into pillows, all by my lonesome! I literally giggle with giddiness every time I walk into my living room. Yes, I am that lame. And no, it apparently doesn't take that much to make me happy.

This requires no explanation.
Although, it must be Lucerne from Safeway because it tastes the least low fat. And I have done extensive research. Swear.

This little face. And the fact that he is sitting with his legs tucked up inside his shirt. So cute, or so sad that I don't dress him in pants while at home and he may actually be cold. Sorry Ezzy.

And this little face too. Ryan is getting funnier and funnier every day. The other day while over dinner, she said, "Daddy, I need to tell you something." Scott replied, "yes?" And Ryan responded, "You're hairy." This was said in all seriousness, and with no prompting whatsoever from me. It almost came as an afterthought, like she'd been saving it all day and just remembered then. YEesh.

Anything related to organization makes me very happy. There is nothing better that emptying out your whole kitchen/desk/closet, throwing half of whatever objects are filling said space, and reorganizing it all. Just me? Alrighty then.

Great design. I love design. Someday I will decorate houses other than mine, and maybe even get paid to do it! I would love to get a Master's in interior design in the future. But until then, I will just keep pawing through every design magazine I can get my hands on, surfing the design blogosphere for far to long in the evening after the kiddies go to bed, and continue experimenting on our home. I love myself a good mixture of textures, prints, neutrals, and something industrial for fun, kinda like this:

So the morale of this post is really that I am happy. Life is hard and sad things happen but everyone has reasons to be happy. I feel blessed every day. Life is to be celebrated.

8 comments:

Rachael said...

Such cute pillows! I love them. I'm so glad you're happy. One day we'll be interior designers. It'll be awesome!

Reed Family said...

Love the post! (Yeah I can view your blog again!!!) And, just so you know, your pillows are awesome, your kids are adorable and hillarious. Love it all!

Sierra said...

LOVE those pillows!!! That fabric is as perfect as you said!
For real, you're the best.
Love you, love that post, and maybe you and I could take interior design classes together someday ;)

Kristina said...

How inspiring.... looking at the positive in things in life that is. Although you did make me feel like cleaning my house, sewing pillow covers, organizing my closets, dressing my children properly, and eating icecream (which I will do right now).

Lana said...

I loved your post. You made me want to sew and clean :o). I'm glad you are smiling!

Britney said...

You have to promise to decorate my house. I have no idea what I am doing. Mostly just hoping it looks ok. What a great post I love to clean and go to bed with a tidy house!

Travis and Heather said...

Those pillows are quite giddy inpsiring. Doing stuff yourself just feels good, it is this sickening fix we all need. Is that seriously your organized closet in your kitchen. I had to pinch myself. It is perfection, it made me want to go start dumping out drawers and start all over in my kitchen. I love clean, I love flowers, I love organization, and I love Cobalt BLUE! Amen!

amydear said...

I sneak on to your blog too, but I don't really need to sneak, because we're friends, right? Wow. Way too many comments in that sentence. You MUST try the cookies and cream ice cream sandwiches from Lucerne. We just discovered them and they are delish. I love design as well. Wish I had more money and time to spend on it. But finding a bargain or making something work is also very satisfying. Come play soon!