Saturday, August 28, 2010

Summer is oooooover ....

Can I just say that I am really looking forward to the school year.
And it's not because Scott goes back to school and I get much more done and the kids aren't nearly so wound up ... okay it is that too.
But in all seriousness, I crave the normalcy and schedules that typically accompany the new year.
I can't wait to have the kids in bed at the same time every night, dinner at the same time, with Scott focused (and his distracting mornings of Maury Povich and internet surfing which prevent me from any productivity whatsoever so over) .... theoretically.
Plus, I like that it always feels like the beginning of something.
I get excited to tackle projects, recommit myself to take the kids to library story-time every week, and this year I am going to organize/teach a pre-preschool for Ryan.
I feel like pawing through our apartment and purging it of any clutter, and making soup.
And, can I also just say, I love fall.
The colors, the sweaters, jeans, cool weather, rain.
I am a sucker for it all.
I feel like running outside with my arms thrown wide open and belting U2's, "Beautiful Day."
But that might result in a few rude stares and I am not looking to ruin anyone's loverly autumn.
I am actually feeling slightly harebrained and perhaps I didn't get enough sleep, and I am listening to some sort of techno music on Pandora, so that might explain this strange post.
Anyway, a few random pictures from the last week or so.

Ezra was gifted two new Lightening McQueen lego sets for his birthday from Auntie Britney and Papa. Let's just say these fun toys have been the source of many a fight around here, which basically means they are a hit.

We finally moved Ezra into his "big boy" bed. He is now sleeping in Ryan's bed and she has moved to the top bunk. Fun for all. However, on the first night that we tried this arrangement, I came in to check on them and found this scene: apparently Ezra needed some extra snuggling.
And let me tell you, it was quite the feat getting Ryan into her bunk while dead asleep. My babies are so darn cute.

p.s. A few other tidbits to end our summer on a high note: (the last one being the most serious problem)
1) Scott's car is broken and needs a new starter
2) He also lot his friggin' wedding ring while fishing in the ocean ... awesome
3) When I went to get my hair trimmed, the stylist cut my bangs too short and now I look like Edna from the "Incredibles."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha you are hilarious! I hope that one of your projects is to print the door pictures! Do you still want them? I think I told you that I do have the full resolution sizes, so I can send them to you and you can print them wherever works for you!

Seth and Sierra said...

Hahaha!! You do not look like Edna.

I love the picture of Ryan and Ezra in the same bed!! So cute.

Mitch n' Molly said...

Ok.... I LOVE the way that you write the same way you talk! O that darn job in vermont! i could really use some time with you on a walk or run or running behing you...way behind you... You sound wonderful! keep up the hilarity! I LOVE it!

Britney said...

i love the pictures and of course your funny writing. I love fall too, my most favorite season of all. Why don't we live closer again.....oh yeah, we can't find a job anywhere. Oh well, soon enough. I still am in love with my wall. I just stand there and stare at it, it makes me smile. LOVE YOU!!! and miss you too :)