Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Weekend fun

On our way home from a quick trip to Seattle, we ended up on the side of this road ...

with our trunk emptied onto the side of the freeway ... due to a flat tire.
Not only did our tire pop, but our spare popped too, 15 minutes later.
Double the fun.
So we hobbled along the side of the road, at 8 miles an hour, on a deflated spare, until we reached here ...

a parking lot in the middle of nowhere. Luckily this parking lot was attached to a Safeway, Subway, McDonalds, and gas station (with plenty of space to ride our scooter while passing the time as we waited for Scott's mother to drive 2 hours south to rescue us.)

Seven hours later we made it home. And then Scott returned to our deserted car the next day and replaced the tire and brought our car home to us. However, the fun continues. Because, of course, the next day I was rear-ended and now our car is crunched and I am wrestling with the insurance companies to get our vehicle back in tip-top shape. Never mind that I am suffering from a super great case of whip lash and the trip I was planning to Eugene is on hold.

Why is that when it rains it pours?

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I am SO SORRY! That is the worst. You poor girl. The sun will shine again soon, I'm sure!

Kristina said...

Oh Brianne, that is horrible. I'm sorry. Thank goodness for helpful family who could drive you home, and that your car was left untouched when you left it vacant, and for the good weather while you waited.... right? Maybe that helped a little? I'm sure your good luck is on it's way.....

Mitch n' Molly said...

Brianne, only you....only you could have the worst weekend ever and still have the MOST AMAZING HAIR!!! I love your hair in that picture! I guess sometimes thats all we have in moments like those!

Britney said...

I love you and just wait til you come down here, we are going to have so much fun you will think that nothing bad can happen again :) LOVE YOU!!!