Friday, April 30, 2010

Sharen Beard

My mom is my best friend.
She passed away on April 23, 2010.
It was the darkest day I have ever experienced.
It was unexpected and sudden.
We didn't know that she had acute leukemia, she didn't know.
Just within a matter of hours, my life changed, my family's life changed.
A piece of my heart is gone. The part that remains hurts.
I had no idea the kind of pain that comes with losing someone you love so hard, someone you want to be just like, someone who is the best example of what a mother is.
Mommy, I miss you so much. I feel lost. I need you here and I hate that you aren't.
I love you so much, and am so grateful for the amazing woman that you are.
I believe in the plan of salvation and know I will see you again;
I just wish I didn't have to wait so long to hug you.
Just know that you are everything.
Good bye Mommy.

7 comments:

Elisa said...

I am soo sorry for your loss. My mother is my best friend to, and I couldn't imagine her gone. My heart aches for you. You and your family are in our prayers. Your mother was an amazing woman, and you will get to see her again someday. So sorry.

Rachael said...

That is so sad! I'm so sorry. Your Mom always seemed so awesome, even for never knowing her. I don't know what I would do if I were you but I love you and I'm glad you believe in the plan of salvation because you will see her again. You're such a strong person. She raised you well. I'm so sorry!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Brianne...

When Zak and I heard we just couldn't believe it... so sudden and so sad. I am sure you are still feeling that way. I am so glad Mary Kay and Kat were there to give you hugs for us. We will be thinking and praying for your family.

We love her, what an incredible woman she was. She left her legacy in you and Britney and you are two amazing girls. I know she is proud. We love you.

The Schneiders said...

Oh Brianne! I don't know what to say except I am so sorry. That kind of pain is severe but your perspective is amazing and admirable. Celebrating her life in your post was beautiful and inspiring. Whatever you need, I am just a phone call away. Your family will be in our prayers.

Reed Family said...

We are so sorry to hear of your loss. I know, from conversations with you, that the two of you were very close. I admire your strength and faith in the Plan of Salvation. Your famly is in our prayers.

Megan said...

Oh Brianne, our thoughts and prayers have been with you since we found out. Just in the hour that I had the chance to meet your mom she was someone even I admired and thought, "She is incredible, I bet she's such a fun mom, I want to be fun and good like here." I am so sorry for your loss, and so grateful for your testimony of the Plan of Salvation.

Michelle said...

Brianne,
I could not imagine how hard the sudden loss of you mom must be. She taught me in YW ages ago in Modesto. She was such a great example to me and countless other young girls. I was such a pain and she was always so humorously patient with me and my moods.
One of the best examples she gave to me was her joy for her life. I saw the love she had for you and your siblings. She LOVED so much her roles as a mom and wife.
I am so grateful that my life crossed paths with hers.
My thoughts, love and prayers to you and your family.