Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Hahaha
I love celebrating my birthday.
I am not one of those people that shies away from making a big hoopla out of my special day.
I am not hesitant to tell everyone I see that day that it is my birthday.
So that is why I can appreciate my friends and family around me that indulge my need for attention.
And they never disappoint.
My mom and Britney sent me presents that arrived right on time!
A New Moon game (that Rosette and I played that evening);
And new slippers, jewelery, and gift card from my parents (I used the gift card to get some great anti-aging cream, yes, I believe that I am old enough to be using that stuff, and a new shower curtain. These purchases may sound weird, unless you know me well.)
And Scott is getting me New Moon on blu-ray (March 20!).
And Rosette gave me a professional massage (MUCH needed and definitely appreciated ... Bobby you are very lucky).
And my children gave me a long day of extra whining.
I reminded them numerous times that it was my birthday and therefor should not have to listen to their shrill screeching, but I don't think they understood.
But that night we went to The Cheesecake Factory (made possible by Auntie Marlene and Uncle George.)
It was nice to have time to ourselves.
Sometimes I forget that I am also a wife and still young (and attractive ... heheh) woman who needs a night on the town.
I love my birthday.
And I don't feel a day over 25.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm so glad you had a good day. Sorry the kids weren't more accommodating. Mine never are either. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to yoU!!!!

Britney said...

I am glad you had fun. I wish that I could have been there to make a huge deal of it... but don't you worry you are coming down here and then we will be able to really party!! Love you!

Jessica said...

oh happy birthday to you!! Who doesn't love a good birthday...sheesh, the day only comes once a year ;)

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday!!! (late I'm afraid). I am so glad you got to go and do things for YOU and spend money on things YOU wanted.

Jen Reed