Monday, February 15, 2010

Viola!

I have finally completed a sewing project!
I only do "crafting-type" projects that are quick and require the skill level of a 3-year-old.
This Happy Birthday sign was just such an activity.
I got the idea from a friend, who is an excellent seamstress, and she probably whipped hers out in 15 minutes;
I, however, have been working on it for 3 weeks ... at least.
But I think it turned out great (if you don't look too closely).
I have such a good time making it, I am going to make one with Ezra's name on it and again one for Ryan.
And who knows, maybe I will just get carried away, and before you know it, everything in my house will be labeled.

This is my banner in all it's glory. I even sewed around all the letters even though I used heat 'n bond to adhere them to the backing.

This is what I looked like after finishing. Astonished, maybe confused that I managed to avoid sewing over my fingers or breaking my machine. Chapped lips, nice.

This is how Ezra felt about my project. Not really, he makes this face every time I say "cheese."

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Super cute banner!!! And totally cute picture of you!!

Britney said...

ok that is really cute! I need to make one too! You have inspired me :)

Kristina said...

It turned out great! I'm so happy you went with the brown fabric for all the letters, it looks AMAZING! I don't see anything wrong with labeling your whole house, as long as it's stylish, right?