Thursday, October 22, 2009

Busy, busy. busy ...

So we went down to Eugene to P-A-R-TaY!
I love, love going to visit my fam.
They are fun and we are always going, going, going.
This trip was no exception.
Britney and I had a major crafting session planned.
She just got a shnazzy, new Cricut and I was excited to try it out (thank yoooooou)
The kids played and we vigorously worked on a bunch of projects ... all week.
It was a very productive visit.
And super fun, as always.
I luuuuv hanging out with Britney (we are besties) and my mom.
We are so much alike and can act nerdy and silly (or basically ourselves) together.
Miss you already, but it's okay because our New Moon party is just around the corner.
November 20 is coming up, can I get a what-whuuuut! Yep.
Brady was very helpful too. Muchas gracias.

Don't worry, we made time for other important things ... such as exercising,

enjoying popcorn in the B-E-A-utiful backyard,

driving,

and, of course, watching lots-o-movies. Papa has a very impressive collection and is always up for a movie.

We forced the girls to go outside and play any time it wasn't raining (and sometimes when it was). They blew bubbles, colored with sidewalk chalk, and even used the potty. Ezzy was pretty jealous, but is extremely accident-prone and could only go outside with adult supervision. He spent a lot of time watching.

We also made chocolate-and-sprinkle-covered pretzels or "princess wands."


This is ONE of many crafting projects.
I think they turned out great.
They are Family Home Evening boards.
Now if we only held Family Home Evening we would be set.

A close-up. Pretty cute right? I like them 'cause they are a little more modern, and funky and not so cutesy, dumpy-Mormon-mommy looking. And yes they are magnetic.
We also made fun "NOEL" signs for Christmas. Just realized I don't have a photo of that and am too lazy to stop and take one, but I will when I decorate for Christmas.

And Britney helped me make this too. I needed something fun for this spot, and thought I could make a "vintage" sign. Scott doesn't really like old, garbagey signs, but technically this one is new. Whatcha think? Be honest.

Thank you Britney!
Thank you for letting me use your Cricut and supplies and being the best friend and sister a girl could have.
LOVE you.
Love you too MOM & DAD.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Awesome projects!!! I'm kind of sick of vinyl but I LOVE that these look different than all the regular signs. I would LOVE an FHE sign like that. I made one a few years ago and it looked HORRIBLE. Too bad :( I love the sign above your stove, too. Great job, girls!!

Jessica said...

very cool! I actually have a lot of that magnetic board and have been wondering what to make with it. Thanks!

Rebecca Wolthuis said...

Brianne, I actually really LOVE that sign you made above your stove. It made me smile and laugh. :)

Britney said...

We got so much done!! Just wait, in a week or so you will get your personalized NEW MOON invite!! I can't wait, I am getting excited just thinking about it!! YEAH! team Edward!!