Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ode to my dishwasher

Oh fair new dishwasher, white and gleaming
I don't have to prewash; I'm no longer left screaming.

When I load your drawers and turn you on,
Your gentle hum is a refreshing song.

Our previous model was decrepit and nasty,
But you actually work and leave our tableware flashing.

The dishes are sparkling, and what more they're not broken,
The kitchen no longer smells like monkey-ass and the appliance ain't smokin'.

I can turn you on midday and noise won't disturb,
My kids can keep napping and Scott's not perturbed.

I love you new dishwasher, we rejoice at the trade,
Now if the fridge would only break, then we'd have it made.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Are you trying to rub it in?! I'm hand washing dishes over here. :) Congrats on your new one and I love the post!

Seth and Sierra said...

LOL!! That's awesome you finally got rid of that thing. Love the post!

Britney said...

you are so creative!! I love your poem and I am so glad that your dishwasher is lovely and new!! Lucky, our whole apartment is like 30 years lod :) LOVE YOU!! Thanks for the tip on the new trailer....loved it!!

Megan said...

Loved the poem, I will write one too when I get a good dishwasher. Hey I haven't forgotten you and pictures. This week is supposed to be beautiful and I have a spot I want to take you guys. I'll call you this morning.

Megan said...

So I need your number I don't have it. Then I'll call you!