Monday, June 1, 2009

Life's a beach

Life's a beach.
Is that a saying, or did I make that up?
And here I thought I was being clever.
Anyway, Scotty and I took the kids to the beach last week.
We went to Cannon Beach because neither one of us had been there.
I think that Goonies might have been shot there?
Anyway, that is irrelevant.
It was the prettiest darn town.
The beach was beautiful too.
We took a picnic lunch,
played in the sand,
and walked the main drag with all the tourist-y shops.
Fun. I love my family.

Scott and Ryan built a sandcastle. Well ... Scott built it and Ryan kicked it down.

Ezra loved the sand. He loved it between his toes, and in his hands and in his mouth. Delish!

Posing with our new bucket. So cute!

This is a BEFORE picture. Playing in the waves, laughing, splashing ... dry.

This is the AFTER picture. Ryan biffed it and landed face-first in the freakin' freezing water. She was soaked, hysterical, and ended up in my sweatshirt. Needless to say, our beach fun was over.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I got married on Cannon Beach (the first time, obviously). I haven't been there forever! That's so cool you can make a day of it. Goonies was shot in Astoria, which isn't too far from there. Maybe an hour? I can't remember. I'm glad you had a good trip!

Seth and Sierra said...

Holy cow. Ezra's facial expression in the pic after you talked about the sand looks just like an expression scott makes. They must be related. ;)