Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Things I know you are dying to know

I have been trying to post about once a week.
And even though my life is riddled with riveting events (like for instance yesterday when I had to take my baby back to our apartment to change his clothes and possibly give him a bath because he had pooped up his back only to discover that I had been locked out by my four-year-old when she had returned for a string cheese, and then proceeded to try to jimmy the lock with a Safeway club card all while my three-year-old was brawling with a neighbor boy over a discarded/broken water gun), I thought I would refrain from regaling my loyal readership with yet another tale of an inept mother who struggles to keep her wits about her.
Even though that's kinda what I just did.
Anyhoo, instead I thought I'd share a few thoughts slash pictures.
Really there is no connection between any of the following tidbits other than that they all occurred in my head.
This is often how I start my day.
Once Ryan is off to preschool, me and the boys go on a jog.
Here's a little look-see of the babes all bundled up in our buffalo blanket (it isn't made of a buffalo, but has the outline of one printed on it ... weirdest Christmas present to date.)
They are both very good.
Ezra talks non-stop (while pointing out every bird/squirrel/vehicle that crosses our path) and Micah sleeps non-stop.

Once Ryan returns, we head to the park if it's sunny.
This entire park full of kids is produced from the following small group of women:

And there are at least half as many children, not pictured, behind me playing "school" in the grass.
We're not messing around.
It makes for a lot of friends for me and for my kids, and lets be honest, we go to the park just as much for me as for them.
Probably more for me.
So I can talk to other adults.
And so we're not sitting around at home bugging each other.
And lastly, a picture of my celebrity crush:

Yes, Cee Lo Green.
Doesn't he have the friendliest smile?
Scott is aware of how I feel about Cee Lo.
I get the feeling he isn't much threatened by my infatuation.
These are the things we talk about when spending time together.
That, and which couples in our ward we think are hot.
And what would happen if a super virus spread throughout the world killing everyone but our family and it were up to us to repopulate earth.
And why polygamy was invented.
And the pros and cons of different dog breeds.
We are really mature and only talk about the important topics.
The things that really matter.
And all the things I discussed today definitely matter.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

You are so funny. I was dying to know all of those tidbits!

The Kenyons said...

Ah! I miss you so much! I want to hang out at the park with you! Makenna was talking about you guys the other day. Do you want to come visit? :)

Tracy said...

I think the conversations you and I have together are equally as important...maybe even moreso.
I hope it's sunny this week so we can hit up the park. Stat.
Yes, we're that bored over here.
Surprised?

Solomon and Lyndsie said...

You are too funny! Cee Lo? I would have never guessed!

Reed Family said...

My jealous nature would never allow Brandon to have celeb crushes...you and Scott are hilarious!
And, honestly, I miss those park outings! My kids do too...not a whole lotta kids 'round here to play with. :( I guess we're making up for that with all the family.
Miss you!

Mitch n' Molly said...

Brianne! I LOVE reading your blog! I LAUGH out loud! YOU are hilarious! I think having a celeb crush is one way to distract us from the trash can that needs scrubbing....

Mikelle said...

I LOVE YOU! I will cry for days when you really leave and I have sincerely missed living right next to you:(