Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Halloween sneak peek

Every year (well for the last four years) we have attended the university PAVA Halloween party.
I can't remember what PAVA stands for, but it translates loosely as the "lonely optometry wives' club."
Except for we ain't really lonely 'cause we have each other.
Anyway, it is always a hit and we love it because it gives us another chance to dress up, eat candy, and gawk at everyone else's stellar costumes.
I kinda dropped the ball this year.
Make that every year.
I had every intention to create mind-blowing outfits and yet I still ended up pulling something together in the last minute ... made with felt (which any dummy can do).
Let's just say, no minds were blown.
But, hey, I have a newborn so, whatever.
And you best believe that I will use that excuse for as long as I can about whatever I can.
What? I haven't shaved my legs in 6 months? I can't, I have a baby.
And I don't make dinner any more? Or show up to church on time? I can't, the baby needs me.
Juuuust kidding.
Anyway, I wanted them to at least coordinate ...

So we took a cue from their personalities.
Only joking.
The baby has a little devil costume too.
I will have to get a picture of that on the actual holiday when we go trick-or-treating.

And here is a picture of "the gang."
These are the kids we play with every day (R to L: Ryan, Dawson, Ezzy, Harper, and Sophie).

And these are the mommies.
And two of my besties, Tracy and Lyndsie.
Aren't they beautiful?
Yes. They. Are.
I only hang out with pretty people.
I also didn't realize my hair looked that dark.
And look, my 'stach is fading! Holla.

And last but not least, a picture of my big boy.
He missed the festivities because he was on a playdate with my friend Jenny (thank you!) but don't you worry, he will be decked out for the next go around on Monday.
Is he not the most darling 3-month-old?
I do not believe how big he is getting!

He is a really good boy!
And very talkative.
Boy, he was talking my ear off all evening.
Speaking of which, I am quite tuckered out, but I will be back with more pics and all the deets on our upcoming move to Eugene for rotation # 3!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Your kids are so cute!!! It's so fun you have friends to be so close with for you and them!!

Debbie said...

micah is rad looking.

Mitch n' Molly said...

Still Laughing! LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you write! seriously you could make some dough... Your kids are so precious! LOVE the costumes, and sometimes over the top is over rated!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN

-tracy said...

i hope you're planning to post a picture of micah in his devil costume...with his 'stache of course.
micah looks just like scott in that picture...he is growing up too fast.
oh, and i love the word holla. i just taught it to my kids today.