Friday, August 26, 2011

What we be doing

Well it has been four grueling weeks since Micah was born.
Just kidding.
No, I really am not.
However, the adjustment necessary when adding another baby to your family is becoming less painful and more enjoyable.
I am sleeping better and crying less.
I mean, HE ... he is sleeping better and crying less.
And as for the older kids, they are getting their fill of Sesame Street and Jurassic Park.
But in between nursing and nursing, we try to fit in a few fun things.
I am becoming more confidant in venturing out by myself and the three.
That, and Scott is gone on rotations, so I have no other option.
We have blessed said baby, hit up a few spray parks (to beat this unbearable 85 degree heat ... I am not being sarcastic but wholeheartedly serious. I feel like Pedro on Napoleon Dynamite and want to shave my hair off just to cool down), and enjoyed a few regular parks as well.
In fact, on our last visit to our neighborhood playground, I was chatted up by a talkative local (translation: creepy loner) and now have a new BFF.
Theron and I are thisclose.

Ryan at the park.
I love everything about this picture.
Her smile, which is absolutely posed.
Her killer haircut; it suits her to a tee, and I luurve it so very much.
And the perfect cat-eye glasses.
Could she be any trendier?
Why actually yes. She is also sporting a sweet romper.
Wish that was made in my size.

Ezra's small birthday party.
Admittedly, he got a little short-changed this year in the celebration department.
Hopefully next year, things will be a little less hectic (and sweaty) and we can have a big blowout.

Blowing out his candles after singing happy birthday to himself.

And Micah, asleep in his bouncer.
He loves to be swaddled like a burrito and in this seat.
He is seriously cute.
Yeah ... that's all I got.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Aww, you have such cute kids!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and your sense of humor! It is honest and funny and I know I will be able to relate so well here soon. Micah is so handsome! Ryan is adorable and Ezra is so cute!! I loved the post all about him. What a stud!

Good luck to you on getting adjusted still. You are a wonderful and fun mother. Someday I hope to see you all and meet your little ones!

Lana said...

Your blog makes me laugh out loud every time! Love it!!!

Travis and Heather said...

Three is intense. No getting around that for me. I have concluded that practically everyone adjusted to three better than I. I just barely started crying less and sleeping more. And his birthday's next month!
I took your timely advice and grew the bangs and now have the side swoop back for revenge. How the Chicago winds taunt me by blowing them up.down.the opposite way....any way but the proper swoop direction.
Your hubby on rotations? Enjoy the sweaty nights of chicken nuggets and mac and cheese.