Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Beachtastic

We finally made it to the beach.
For the first time this year.
Even though we live but a mere hour from the coast.
But at least we saved it for the only true scorching week of the summer.
And our trip out there didn't disappoint.
And it was windy, cold, and damp.
My kind of weather.
Those conditions, however, didn't keep the kids (or husbands) from donning their swimsuits and braving the frigid water.
I did not. (I like the cold, but I ain't crazy.)
Instead, I snapped a few distant pictures of my family enjoying the sand.
I will spare you a shot of me in my swimsuit with an uncharacteristically generous amount of cleavage (a perk to nursing ... I guess?)
Barf.
Anyhoo, we had BBQ ribs (which sadly fell in the sand, but were still delish) on our teensy grill (which sadly fell apart in the sand, right before we threw the corroded piece of crap in the trash),
and flew our enormous kite (which ended up crashing down on a passerby once the wind died ... hehe).

Here is the fam.
Floating our bath toys down an errant river that empties into the ocean.

And I've also included a picture of the ground, where someone wrote "LOSER" in the sand.
'Cause that's how I roll.
All in all, it was a success.
And I have a car filled with 15 pounds of sand to prove it.
And on an unrelated topic, this is the first picture I have captured of all three of my children together.
And they are naked.
Classy.
And to round out this incredibly riveting post, I have included a picture of Micah along with my baby announcement.
I have been told that he looks a lot like me.
I tried to match the black & white effect used on my ol' baby picture of yore, but didn't quiiiite do it.
You get the idea.
Micah:
Me:
Just for funsies.

5 comments:

-tracy said...

sad we missed the beach...sounds like a success!
your kids are darling, even nudie.
and i think micah looks just like you. it would make your mom smile.
xo.

Rachael said...

He does look like you, that's so cute!!! Glad you had a fun beachy trip!!

Lana said...

Thanks for another enjoyable post! I love the "naked" pic! Lol!!

JacqueRae said...

Brianne-
i'm tracy hatfields sister and read your blog cause well why not, and i love the picture of the kids naked...and am impressed with them all looking at the camera, they are adorable

Mitch n' Molly said...

Brianne! I LOVE all your babies! What pinch-able, squeezable, hug-able kiddos they are! And I agree with everyone else, Micah is you in a boys body! Your blog posts never disappoint, they ALWAYS make me laugh! You are rocking your threesome!