Sunday, August 7, 2011

Micah Grayson Pitts

He arrived Thursday, July 28 at 7:48 in the evening.
7 pounds, 14 ounces. 20 inches long.
The delivery was pretty short.
Less than 6 hours from induction to delivery.
A bit more traumatizing however.
My epidural didn't kick in until about 20 minutes after Micah came quietly into the world.
Apparently he was saving up his screams to unleash at home.
At 3:30.
Every. Morning.
But I digress.
Here is the obligatory shot everyone takes immediately following the birth.
I look nuts.
Kinda like Ozzy Osbourne with the eyeliner.
But everything went really smoothly.
I am so grateful for the undramatic (is that a word?) experience.
Micah is perfect.
Ryan is a little bit more enthused about our baby than Ezra.
She is very helpful and sweet.
Ezzy pretty much just ignores Micah altogether.
But in a non hostile sort of way.
I think he is just unimpressed.

Here is the babe.
He is so handsome.
At first I thought he looked a lot like Ezra, but he is slowly developing his own look.
His eyes are a dark grayish blue and he has a dimple in his right cheek.
Love that.
I hope when he plumps up it is more noticeable.
He is a great nurser.
And by great I really mean he nurses all the live long day, and is pretty much upset if he isn't nursing, or sleeping.
This is probably a better depiction of who he is right now.
Such a sweet face, but so fussy.
His sleeping schedule is a little backwards as well.
He sleeps like a champ during the day, and, let's just say, he struggles to relax as well during the night.
But last night we may have had a breakthrough.
Hopefully it will be a habit for many nights to come.
Crossing my fingers there are no more sob sessions in the wee hours of the morning, for either of us.
Hence why I can finally sit down to type a quick note.
This is literally the first chance I have had to function coherently.

But he's worth it.
Just look at that sweet thing.
Oooohhh, there's his dimple.
See it?
In the words of my daughter, "I just can't stand it."
We just love him.
Welcome home, Micah.

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Oh Brianne, he's a doll. I love the dimple. I'm glad the delivery was quick. You are amazing. I couldn't believe it when you came outside to visit, and you even went to the spray park? Unbelievable. I envy you. You look so good, yes even in your obligatory shot. What a perfect baby (during the day). FYI, I'm going to come kidnap Ryan and Ezra during one of Micah's naps so you can sleep.

Rachael said...

He is SO darling! I love that dimple!!! What a perfect name for him and I love his middle name, too. I'm so happy for you that he's finally here!!!

-tracy said...

He is perfect.
And darling.
And tiny.
And even when he cries, I just want to steal him.
So if he goes missing, probably check my house.
Oh, and his name is perfect also.
xo.

amydear said...

Congrats! I'm glad he is here and you can just love him. I hope you get some rest and enjoy the last few weeks of summer too. Wish I could bring you dinner and take the kids. I guess I can do that when you move here this fall for a few months!

Britney said...

Finially, pictures!! I totally see you in him. Of course, he is your baby :) I am so proud of you and very happy that all is well. He will get on a schedual soon and then he will be happy and content. Can't wait to hold that sweet baby!! I LOVE YOU!!

Travis and Heather said...

Hooray! Congratulations! I am so glad he is here. Well done mama! Number 3 is quite the gong show, enjoy every moment of the circus.

Reed Family said...

He is precious. Didn't get a chance to tell you earlier today when I saw you, but I held him the other day when Scott had him outside and he almost made me baby hungry...that's saying A LOT. He is so adorable and seriously, I can already tell he's a Pitts. Hope settling into the craziness of 3 goes quickly for you. :)