Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Twinsies

I got my hair cut.
It was turning into a mullet.
Between that and my mexi mustache I was starting to resemble Joe Dirt.
So I don't know what I was thinking and zipped to the hairdresser on the way home from the grocery store with both kids in tow.
I am not sure what I thought they would do while I got my hair done.
They started off quiet, sitting in the chairs designated for waiting customers.
Angelic.
That lasted about 10 minutes.
Then Ezra started getting squirmy.
And Ryan started in with the running commentary.
It sort of resembles tattling and sounds like this:
"Mommy, Ezra is taking off his shoes. And his socks."
"Mommy, Ezra is crawling all over the chairs."
"Mommy, now he is licking the carpet."
"He found a fruit snack under the chair, with hair on stuck to it."
"He's eating it."
Helplessly, I am yelling warnings and instructions from the chair, while the hairdresser is becoming increasingly flustered.
Frantic for us to leave, as Ezra is now eying all the shelves displaying hair products, she snips my bangs, and rips off the cape.
I hurriedly pay and we make our escape.
Then I come home to style my freshly shorn hair, I realize that I have been given baby bangs.
So that is how Ryan and I became twins.
I love the cut, but may have to grow out the front a bit.
And I am never taking my kids with me to get my hair cut again.
Ever.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

That is too funny but at least it looks dang cute!! You look awesome!

Travis and Heather said...

Wow, that sounds like the most courageous story I have ever heard. Against all odds you have --once again--another fabulous haircut!

Jennifer said...

If anyone can pull off "baby bangs" it's you! Seriously...I've never seen your hair look anything but AWESOME!

Jennifer said...

p.s. it's jen reed :)

Britney said...

I love your haircut, it is so cute and I really like the bangs too. YOu have always looked so good with bangs, I think that they look great on you! Cute cute cute ryan too! Can't wait to see you guys!! Love yoU!

Lana said...

Your posts make me laugh. Aren't kids the best?!