Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions

Do I even dare?
I rarely ever commit to a New Year's resolution, but as I was cruising around the blogosphere and talking with others it seemed like the thing to do.
And why not?
I love a good challenge.
Or a reminder to do things that I should be doing anyway.
So I am thinking along these lines:
- drink 8 glasses of water a day. (I may have read somewhere or possibly made up that eight 8-oz. glasses of water really isn't necessary, due to the water in food and other drinks, but really when is more water a negative ... unless you are purposely trying to become intoxicated and in that case it is bad.)
- be on the computer less. (It is kinda a time suck. I have recently started using it only once the kids are in bed, except right now, but even then there are many more enlightening or productive things I could be doing ... or I could RELAX, which is what I really should be doing. And let's face it, I deserve it.)
- read my scriptures every day/night. (Why don't I do this anyway? Slacker.)
- keep my kids from watching unhealthy amounts of television. (Repeat to oneself: The TV is not a babysitter. No pointing fingers, you know you do this too.)
- enjoy motherhood. (I love being a momma, but don't feel like I really relish in the everyday. I mean these are what the memories are made of people. Plus my kids deserve to see a happy, engaged parent instead of a zoned-out, distracted, nose-to-the-grind mother. I am lucky to be at home with my kids!)
- gossip less. (I do not want to be that girl.)
So, I guess this is more of a personal reminder list, but maybe if it is published for all the world to see I will stay more motivated. Oh, yeah, I am also resolving to growing my hair out again.
I know.
I can't help myself.
Happy New Year!
again.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I almost added drinking water to my list, too. I super suck at it. I'm excited you're joining the grow your hair out club!!

Britney said...

Great ideas... i need to drink more water too. And I really do love your short :) Love you!

-tracy said...

Your resolutions are good and you are brave. I am still debating posting mine. Maybe it will force me to do them. Right? Love your blog.