Sunday, January 16, 2011

The January blaaaahhhhsss

Hey loyal readers (imaginary high five to all four of you).
I got nothin'.
Really I have nothing to say but don't like when people with cute blogs stay away too long without some little tidbit. (Of course I think my own blog is cute. I read it all the time and laugh at all my funny, witty jokes.)
Anyhoo, we have been doing a whole lot of stayin'-in-the-house.
Not very exciting.
I have to beg friends to come over and talk to us just to break things up.
It has been very dreary outside, which doesn't really bother me as much as restrict our activities.
So we sit around and watch movies, jump on the bed, pick our noses (sometimes it is necessary), play Chutes and Ladders (which I might add is like the longest child's game ever invented. Have you ever played? And finished?), and just generally get on each others nerves.
Scott and I have also been dreaming of ways to spend the money we don't have.
And as for having no money, I am getting pretty tired of it.
It is hard to be impoverished.
I can't wait for school to be over. It seems like we have been going f-o-r-e-v-e-r.
Oh wait .... silly me, we have.
Oh well enough venting, because someday Scotty will be a doctor (which I may have previously mentioned I will insist everyone call him by his official title) and we will get to see him again.
And I can shop at Goodwill without feeling guilty.
But in the meantime, we will just hang out on our new bed!
Yes, we are actually getting a new bed.
I have been waiting and saving a really long time!
This is really big news 'round here.
Ooooohhh I can't wait. But alas I must.
It will not be here for a few more weeks and then I will post pictures.
I may even give it its own post!
And maybe its own name!
Anyway, until then a few shots of our recent "activities."

A blurry picture of my kids eating a snack and zoning in front of He-man. I have not forgotten my resolve to keep my kids from watching too much TV and feel like I have been doing a pretty good job ... except for here.
Sitting in a box. Because we can fit, I guess. This is what happens when I insist the kids "find something to do."
Getting married. Love the gloves especially. And yes I had to be the groom.

And what have I been up to? Just growing out my hair, again. It is coming along quite slowly. So I look a little like Justin Bieber.
Oh well.
Well, I am off to bathe the kids and then coax them into bed (even though they both took a four hour nap and are probably not tired in the least).
But in my own defense, I was exhausted and needed a nap as well.
Nursery really takes it out of me.
Bye!

7 comments:

amydear said...

You are funny, even if you have nothing to blog about. Although I think you have something. And I hope you don't feel too guilty about shopping at Goodwill! My husband doesn't let anyone call him doctor. So silly.

Anonymous said...

High five back at cha! I love your blog :) hey I will send you the pictures through email. Is it still the same?

Rachael said...

I love that you said you look Justin Beiberish. You are hilarious. And you don't. You look awesome. You're a good mom. I'm glad when you blog!!

Sierra said...

Me tooo...the sitting around part...but I can't invite people when Porter's got the sniffles. It's probably a good thing, anyway, since my house is horrid. Life is lovely.

Lana said...

I remember the days of Chutes and Ladders. Just as you think it is almost, finally over, the "almost winner" slides down the big chute and everyone is sad about it (the kid who was almost ready to win and you that it will go on for another 15 minutes!) I have been known be off on my counting of spaces at times to just be done and let my kids win.

Britney said...

First of all you don't look like Justin Beber, but I did laugh at that sentence. I know what you mean about everything: being poor, feeling guilty about shopping, being bored and we need to hang out!! Love you!

-tracy said...

agreed. with all of it.
except the justin part, but that did make me laugh. out loud.
and the sun is out today, so change rian out of her bridal gown and lets meet at the park.