Thursday, December 9, 2010

A little ketchup ...

Where to begin?
I have actually been contemplating that question for days.
But then I promptly become overwhelmed and lay down.
After I lay down, I fall asleep.
So therefore the blogging doesn't get done.
Not that I expect this to be a crushing blow to many a reader, but I'd like to think of this as my own little journal of sorts, and quite possibly a small measure of enjoyment for others in my life.
So let's get on with it.
The short, short version.
Here is Thanksgiving; or at least the only picture I bothered to take of my family enjoying the feast we shared with our friends. The spread turned out fabulously. (Ryan made the little hand-turkey place cards).

Oh yeah, we moved too. Right before Thanksgiving. I never promised this post would be in chronological order. In this picture you can see a little of our new pad. Although we obviously have all the same stuff so it might not look that different. But we can definitely feel the difference. It is a town-home style. So we have 2 floors, 3 bedrooms, tons more storage (well pretty much any storage is way more), and more living room space to clutter up with toys. Plus, we pay nothing to live here! I know. Pretty incredible. How is that possible you may say? I say who cares?
Here is our tree. I think it is my best one yet. And it isn't real, which I really like better. I mean you don't have the fragrant woodsy aroma which accompanies an authentic tree but I also vacuum less and we can leave it up while we are gone on vacay without the fear of coming home to a spindly tree trunk surrounded by a huge pile of brown needles. Thank you Tara and Dave. And don't the twigs I added look nice? I think they add a little dimension, a little texture. Scott has told me that he can definitely learn to live with them. Oh brother.

A random shot of our gallery wall; with a few errant decorations. Scott was co-mastermind of this little display. Unless you think it's weird. Then it was definitely all him. Just kidding. We worked on decorating T-O-G-E-T-H-E-R. It is apparently more important to him than I originally assumed.
Playing with play dough in the hallway. I make them take off their clothes because they always get gobs of it stuck to their pants and socks. I made sure to turn the heater up. But it was short-lived anyway because Ezra cries every time his creations are squished, which is sorta inevitable.

And this little pic is a peak at my advent calendar/pocket garland I made to help us count down to the big day. This year I filled it with candy, but as they grow older I think I want to include a small scripture in each pocket as well, in order to emphasize the reason for the season.

A close up. I am not that crafty so I like to show off when I make anything. Up next: Christmas stockings. If they turn out I will include a picture of them as well.

And last but certainly not least, Scott and I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 with friends. I love Harry Potter. I have loved them since I was a child, because I was still a child, or at least a teen when the Potter mania began. Now I know I have professed my undying love for all things Twilight, but my heart still has room for Harry and his friends as well. Anyway, it was amazing. That is all I can think to say.
I. am. tired.
And this post is becoming quite long.
And I am going to recommit to blog more regularly. Mostly so that I don't turn into a rambling fool.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

You are so cute! I love your apt and your twigs in your tree and you garland. You're the cutest!

Britney said...

Love it! I love the count down, what did you make it out of? Now I want one. And I can't wait to see your whole apartment. I am really excited to see you guys, it will be a blast!

Lana said...

I'm glad you wrote on your blog instead of falling asleep. I've missed it. Your house looks great and I love your tree. Your half-naked playdoe kids made me laugh :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I just sent your christmas card to your old place... I hope you forwarded the mail :)I love the countdown and your gallery wall!

amydear said...

You are alive! I hope you like your new place. Can't beat the price, right? I hope to see you and your cute family when you come down.

Travis and Heather said...

Love that darn garland! So darling! Nothing like playing in your underwears, I wish we could play in our underwears and just turn the heater up. It would save a lot of money on laundry.