Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just in time for the holidays

So the other day Scott and I were scouring the house over looking frantically for our debit card.
Our only debit card.
You see, we share one in order to curb spending and make it easier to keep tabs on purchases.
And just as we were beginning to panic, thinking we lost it and some stranger was giddily blowing through our meager savings, we found it.
In. The. Toaster.
How, pray tell, did this happen?
Well, I don't know actually.
All I know is that I caught Ezra on the counter trying to retrieve a juice box from the cupboard and the rest, they say, is history.
It turned into a twisted, shriveled ghost of a card.
It was like that shrinky-dink material that withers to half its side.
Needless to say, I ordered another one and we will be getting it in the mail mere days from Christmas, and have we even started our Christmas shopping?
No. The answer is no.

p.s. I took a picture to post but then had a panic attack thinking some very clever thief could somehow decipher the mangled image and then really steal my moola. So I opted to leave it out. Even though I think that blogs without pictures can be kinda boring.

5 comments:

Reed Family said...

That stinks! Glad no one stole it and is merrily spending all your Christmas cash.

And, just a side note to your post below this one, IF your stockings don't turn out (because of me or because that lady told you to get a foam pad instead of batting) I will help you re-do them and they will be splendid!!! OK!!!

Rachael said...

Dern kids! Our printer was broken for months because Noah dropped a pen in it and we had no clue.

So glad to know you're doing well!!

Sierra said...

Trust me, with your stories, picture or no...your posts are not and will never be boring.

Kristina said...

Seriously?! I can't believe it... i would be in a panic. But I will say, sharing one debit card is a very smart idea. I think we could save a lot of money doing the same thing.

Diana said...

That is hilarious! I can't believe you guys have ONE DEBIT card, seriously...? It's the year 2010! You are hilarious. So I wager that you don't own a credit card? You guys must be VERY thrifty. I know this wasn't the purpose of this post, but I can't stop thinking about it! Too good. Maybe the next FHE should be about not putting things in the toaster! How did you even find it in there! So funny!!!