Saturday, December 13, 2008

The sound of (pretend) music

Ryan has recently become very enthusiastic about "pretend" play. She can often be found "cooking" with my bowls and whisks, changing her baby's fake diaper, and playing her "violin." Her violin consists of various household objects but is usually a can opener as the instrument and a toothbrush as the bow. I didn't even realize that she knew what a violin was until one day she told me she was playing music?? She even looks to be holding her "instrument" the right way. Kids are so funny.

My little musician -- playing the fork.

The most popular instrument of choice ... the can opener.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

That is so good! She really does look like she's playing the violin. What a smart girl!!

Paramedic Kris said...

That's so cute! Kids are way smart. The other day my nephew Asher was teasing his 4 yr old sister, Hallie. Well, Hallie kept telling him to stop and finally she said, "Asher stop it! I'm allergic to teasing!" Where do kids get so smart and understand stuff? Anyways, cute pictures!

Britney said...

Ha, thats so funny!! I love your new backroung, very you! I am so excited to come up and see you! Ryan is so smart and stinking cute! love you