Monday, December 7, 2009

Holiday Cheer

Ahhh, Christmas is upon us.
And the Pitts household is in full holiday swing.
The merriment of the season has consumed our family.
In fact, as Scott lugged the Christmas tree through the door,
there were cries of terror as Ezra burst into tears;
And once we began trimming said tree, Ryan also had a conniption fit when I added a purdy ribbon garland (that in my opinion adds more visual interest) saying that it was ugly
and she wanted it removed immediately;
And if that weren't proof enough that our happy family is full of Christmas cheer,
I am listening to peels of laughter ... of wait .... hang on .... nevermind.
Those happy giggles were just interrupted by squeals of frustration and a panicked yelp.
What I thought was a peaceful daddy-daughter water-coloring session quickly turned into a Technicolor warzone as Ezra disrupted the paints, thus smudging Scott's rainbow,
which he actually then balled up and threw out of irritation all while Ryan screamed at the top of her lungs for me to rescue the watercolors on the kitchen floor.
Yeesh.
My family is so dramatic.
Oh well, we are trying.

Ryan was actually very careful and deliberate when hanging her ornaments. They were evenly spaced and everything.

Ryan and I decorated the tree as a duo. Scott is recovering from Bronchitis and wasn't as enthusiastic about the tradition this year. Poor baby. (Hey we match, that was not planned.)

And Ezra ate bananas and watched Baby Einstein because he was following Ryan around pulling every ornament off as soon as she would hang it and frankly I just wanted to knock the activity out and get it done.
Ahhhh .... relaxin'

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Your tree looks very pretty. I like the ribbon.

Sierra said...

Haha! I love your posts.

Anonymous said...

I love your honesty about everyday life. It really isn't all rainbows and cotton candy all the time! :)

I need your address for Christmas Cards... can you e-mail it to me @ noellibelli@hotmail.com? I'm going to ask Britt for hers also, but if you get to it first, I'd love her's and your mom's. Thanks! H

Britney said...

That is so awesome! I love reading your posts! So funny! I can always picture everything just as you are describing! Love you and can't wait until christmas! Beautiful tree toO!