Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Fezzy Wig

Well, since I did a whole rundown on our youngest, or the Anti-Christ, as Scott fondly nicknamed him, I thought perhaps the other two Pittlings could use a little attention as well.
After all, this is supposed to be a family blog, and not just the rantings of a lunatic opinionated mother slash wife who clearly needs to get some friends/life/nookie.
Anyway, about Ezra.
He is very funny.
He is by far the most entertaining one of our brood because he is so honest and direct.
He fills us in every morning on whatever bizarre dream he had the night before.
They usually involve someone in our family and space, in a perilous situation.
He obviously gets quality REM sleep. Probably because he is the best sleeper.
Ever.
Playing Wii. Look at the baby. #anotheronebitesthedust
Once I put him down, he lapses into a coma and doesn't stir for the remainder of the night.
He is also the most diligent about our bedtime routine.
Every night, after I tuck him in he asks for a head butt, an Eskimo kiss, a real kiss, and a hug.
In that order.
Then he finishes off by saying, "I love you, do you know that?"
I can't remember exactly when I began saying that to him, but my night wouldn't be complete without it.
However, in an attempt to keep everything balanced, he also has the title for pickiest eater.
And by picky, I really mean impossible. He likes nothing, except pizza.
So in order to give myself and the rest of our family a break from the incessant whining that accompanies our meal every. single. night. we have pizza night on Fridays.
In his honor.
I know this bathtub is very deep. WTH?
Clearly, we will only stay places with huge a$$ tubs.
I justify this by making it homemade.
He literally asks if it is pizza night every day.
Because, and I quote, "It is the night where everyone is happiest."
And speaking of happy, nothing makes this boy happier than using potty words.
In case you aren't familiar with what constitutes as a potty word, it is basically any word used to describe anything you might use or do while in a bathroom.
Really. The word "buns" literally causes fits of laughter.
And "toot" is another favorite.
Both saying and doing. Gross.
Not that I am surprised really, with a father that may or may not have challenged his brother-in-laws to a farting contest on Christmas eve and found so much success that it was deemed necessary to open all the doors and windows, whilst a blizzard was raging outside, just to prevent asphyxiation to those unfortunately present.
But I digress.
This isn't about how disgusting Scott is, it is about how weird our son is turning out to be.

No that is not pizza he is eating. Treats are apparently an acceptable substitute.
Moving on.
He works out with me every day.
We do P90X, Insanity, and Jillian Michaels.
While I use weights to perform my exercises, he uses cream of chicken soup cans.
And instead of losing interest after three minutes, he sticks out the whole video.
He is also a movie monster.
He loves movies, especially Wallace & Gromit.
If I let him, (and I don't) he would sit and watch movies or play Wii all day, every day.
He loves the Wii. And is really good at it.
Scott tries to tell me gaming skills will, in fact, help Ezra's coordination and fine motor skills, and that playing them together is considered bonding.
Ha.
What else can I say about our Fezzy Wig?
Yes, he does answer to Fezzy Wig.
And he loves to vacuum out the couch, talk to anyone who will listen (usually about his dreams or the Wii), snuggle, make cookies with me, play PBSkids on the computer, work on his preschool workbook, and play with Barbies in private.
He is the best.
I absolutely cannot imagine my life without Ezra in it.
It would be very boring and quiet.
We love our baby Ezzy.

xo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ezra sounds like a hilarious little boy! I would love to get to know him. ANd I am sure Emrie would love to play with him. They could play barbies and giggle together about bathroom humor.

Sierra said...

Ah, Ezzy. Porter still talks like we are still living by you guys, and fake calls him all day long. Makes me smile and makes me sad cuz we miss you at the same time. Sure love that kid, all your pittlings (best term ever!) and you guys!

Rachael said...

He reminds me of Hazel---picky eater and good sleeper. He is so cute and funny! Boys..

Elisa said...

I LOVE reading all your posts. They are always soo entertaining. If I could write like you, I think I would write a book of somekind. And if you ever do, I will be one of the firsts to read it!